Eyesight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaime13, Dec 14, 2006.

1. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

My eyesight has gotten so bad and my contacts have been driving me crazy, I have to wear contacts cause I hae the field of range that glasses give you. But I have been finding that every few months my eyesight changes and my insurance only covers once a year. What a wonderful country,
  2. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi Jaime13

Mine have started to see double or blurry, is this another problem when one has fibro? I told my Dr. and he is having my eye doctor check my eyes again. I wasn't sure if this is a sign of having fibro. or something else. It is real scary and is worse at night, how about you?

I hope your's get better, and it sure would be nice if insurance company's cared for their customers!
  3. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

It has to be a problem connected with fibro as we have muscles holding our eyes. Why should we think that our eyes would be not a part of this condition of fibro-everything else is
    jaime
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

All of you guys should get am Igenex Western Blot test for lyme. 50% of lyme patients don't remember being bitten by a tick. The symptoms of fm and lyme are identical.

The lyme bacteria or coinfections are known to get into the eye and cause vision problems.

j
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I saw some other posts on this...I think that CFS does something to our vision too. I get lots of sinus congestion and I wonder if this pressure causes my vision to go out.
    Is anyone else nearsighted and have sinus pressure?

Has anyone recovered from CFS/FM and notice vision reversal i.e. getting better?
  6. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I've had SUCH a bad year with my eyesight.

I've been nearsighted since I was about ten years old, but in the past year and a half alone, my eyesight's gotten steadily worse.

The contacts absolutely aggrivate me. I prefer them so much to glasses, but it takes me so long to get them in, and they HURT when I do.

Sometimes I'm so exhausted after a day of school and homework and whatnot that I forget about the contacts and fall asleep with them in. My astigmatism's getting worse because of that, too.

I can't wear my contacts right now because I can't see with them. I took my glasses off the other day and was appalled to find that I couldn't read any words on a soda bottle not even half a foot away from me.

And yeah, I have the same problem--I can only get a new prescription once a year, but it gets steadily worse BEFORE the time that I can change prescriptions.

A few years ago, my vision was 20/100. My visions gotten twice as bad since then--whether because of FM or not, I'm not sure.

But it definitely is tiresome.

-Danielle