Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaime13, Dec 14, 2006.

1. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

My eyesight has gotten so bad and my contacts have been driving me crazy, I have to wear contacts cause I hae the field of range that glasses give you. But I have been finding that every few months my eyesight changes and my insurance only covers once a year. What a wonderful country,
  2. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi Jaime13

Mine have started to see double or blurry, is this another problem when one has fibro? I told my Dr. and he is having my eye doctor check my eyes again. I wasn't sure if this is a sign of having fibro. or something else. It is real scary and is worse at night, how about you?

I hope your's get better, and it sure would be nice if insurance company's cared for their customers!
  3. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

It has to be a problem connected with fibro as we have muscles holding our eyes. Why should we think that our eyes would be not a part of this condition of fibro-everything else is
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

All of you guys should get am Igenex Western Blot test for lyme. 50% of lyme patients don't remember being bitten by a tick. The symptoms of fm and lyme are identical.

The lyme bacteria or coinfections are known to get into the eye and cause vision problems.

5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I saw some other posts on this...I think that CFS does something to our vision too. I get lots of sinus congestion and I wonder if this pressure causes my vision to go out.
    Is anyone else nearsighted and have sinus pressure?

Has anyone recovered from CFS/FM and notice vision reversal i.e. getting better?
  6. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I've had SUCH a bad year with my eyesight.

I've been nearsighted since I was about ten years old, but in the past year and a half alone, my eyesight's gotten steadily worse.

The contacts absolutely aggrivate me. I prefer them so much to glasses, but it takes me so long to get them in, and they HURT when I do.

Sometimes I'm so exhausted after a day of school and homework and whatnot that I forget about the contacts and fall asleep with them in. My astigmatism's getting worse because of that, too.

I can't wear my contacts right now because I can't see with them. I took my glasses off the other day and was appalled to find that I couldn't read any words on a soda bottle not even half a foot away from me.

And yeah, I have the same problem--I can only get a new prescription once a year, but it gets steadily worse BEFORE the time that I can change prescriptions.

A few years ago, my vision was 20/100. My visions gotten twice as bad since then--whether because of FM or not, I'm not sure.

But it definitely is tiresome.

[ advertisement ]