Ezekeil bread is alkaline

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Mar 14, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Has anyone tried Ezekiel bread? A friend told me about this and I bought some yesterday. Its flourless bread made with wheat and oat sprouts, so it's alkaline and not acidic. It tastes delicious as toast, grilled cheese etc. You can get it at Whole Foods and I also found it at Kroger!
    Tasts Yummi!
    Dar
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I love it.:)
    Been eating it for yrs!
    It can go bad ather ast so don't let it sit in the fridge too long, I did that once, yuk!:)
    Claudia
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

was recommended at the FM support group I used to attend.

Michelle
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I am going to get some and try it...They have it at our grocery store...Any purticular one you like the best???...They have a few to choose from..I think they even had a cinnamon one..
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Isn't wheat & oats acidic? I'm on an alkaline diet for IC & have to avoid these. I know it's a good bread, as I used it for years.

LIGHT********carole
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

There is something about the sprouting process which is said to alter the gluten in the grains and make it inert.

Jeanne
  7. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Any one know? TIA Shelbo
  8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

They also sell Torillas that are flourless - I get them at Trader Joes
    Mag
  9. teacher

teacher New Member

I keep mine in the freezer until I want some. It doesn't go bad that way.

They also have hamburger and hot dog buns.

teacher
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

found that it is alkalke. The sprouting is what makes it that way. Can't remember why cause I have brain fog today.
    I keep mine in the freezer too.
    I bought the whole grain version, but plan to try the other flavors as well. I hope I can find the hamburger buns and torlillas too. I live not too far from a Trader Joes'. Ill have to go this weekend.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I buy it at Trader Joe's when possible. The kind I like best has sesame seeds - the wrapper has green on it. It's very good toasted. I think some of the major grocery chains are starting to carry it too - Stater Brothers has it sometimes and I think Vons does too.

Mary
  12. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

This is really cool - I think their products are great, did not know about all that was available and to be able to share the info here is just great -thanks Molly

- Maggy