face blew-up with red rash all over!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sami, Nov 25, 2005.

1. sami

sami New Member

i was in the emergency room wed. nite and thurs morning when the condition got worse..
    my eyes were like red marshmellows, all around my lips and nose was a rash and on my lower cheeks...
    my lips were anjolie jolie's for FREE.....

no new foods, lotions ,soaps etc.
    have been on gui for over 1 month, protien shakes over 1 month.. I have searched and regone over my brain for any thing new that even touched my body!!!!!!

wed. nite in the ER the doc looks at me and say'it must be the ozone, go home take benedryl and call tomorrow but it will be fine'!!!!!
    i think he was from the ozone!!!! but ok, i figured i would try it. i take tylenol pm anyway which is benedryl...so i took an extra one....

when i woke up in the morning, i could barely look out thru my eyes...
    back to the ER!!!! my very overprotective and much loved sweetie made quite a scene and this time got a woman doctor who at least read my chart and was empathetic, checked my breathing, glands, mouth ,ankles...etc....

gave me IV benedryl and cortizone, took blood....
    well ,of course all tests came back fine.......

so now her thought process was in light of my fibro, maybe an autoimmune reaction, lupus???( not a butterfly rash) or sjorgren's...'go see your rheumy on monday and stay on prednisone till then['.....

well, looking like a monster, i totally kid you not, we did not go to our friends house for the holiday...it burns, and itches too!!!( my sweetie went out and got ground turkey, and we had turkey balls...delicious.....

this morning, the swelling is down, but still red and itchy and i am more tired than usual..no shopping or a movie as hoped....

so i turn to my friends here(although since i wrote last, there are all new names!!)
    ANY IDEAS???? ANY SIMILAR INCIDENTS?????
    HELP PLEASE...
    thanks...hope everyone's holidays were super...
    m.
  2. ceili

ceili New Member

What kind of heat do you have? I'm really allergic to oil heat and every year I get a bad rash on my face and exposed parts from the heater. I keep telling dh we have to move or change systems. :(

I woke up this morning with a pillow covered in blood.....this heat is so drying, it gave me my first nosebleed I've ever had in the middle of the night. Scary until I realized what happened. :eek:

3. sami

sami New Member

hi...
    i haven't even turned on the heat yet...live in az...
    for your nosebleeds, before you go to bed, put a little bit of vaseline on a q-tip and swirl inside each nostril...the air is so dry, it will bleed...this truly works!!!!!
    good luck...not my problem though??????
  4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

not the same but my Dad recently had what sounds like the same thing and it turned out to be shingles. It came out on his face - looks pretty yucky.
  5. sami

sami New Member

but i don't know what it is...i am much better this a.m. most of the swelling is gone..the redness is fading and my sweetie wants to go to the car show!!!!!!
    the prednisone works very fast...i just for the life of me can not figure out what it can be??????????????