Face pain...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misiongirl, Mar 13, 2006.

1. misiongirl

misiongirl New Member

Anyone out there have nerve pain in your face?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

along with vertigo and neck pain and also facial numbness

Took CIPRO for IC and the whole caboodle went away(I hope for good). However, the CIPRO sure is doing a number on the guts instead!!!!! Glad to be rid of that pain though. Also, you can get facial pain with neuralgia.

Love Anne C
  3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I also have battled with Trigemenial Neuralgia and took Neurontin for about a year...decided to wean off and did good for a year and a half then it hit again this time I am taking Lyrica and it seems to work good. I have only been on it about 3 weeks now so time will tell.

There are many types of Facial Pain... I will never forget when mine first flared at 2am one morning...I waited to 6am and called my dentist and told her it was an emergency and she meet me at her office... I told her to pull the damn tooth, yank the nerve out what ever she had to do just stop the pain....

she is the one who sent me to PCP tellin me it was most likely Trigemenial Neuralgia. Research into TN told me that this was more serious then the FMS ever was or will be..

Also this is one more reason that many think FMS is a central nervous disorder...I think that I remember statistics saying that 1 in 3 who suffer with FM will also have Trigemenial Neuralgia.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

How do you apply it, just get the tube and rub it on the spot?
    Love AC
  5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

but never tried it.

Even with the prescription Lyrica I still feel a twinge if I touch the spot under my nose on my upper lip where my nerve is flaring. This last time it even swelled up to a point that I felt like I had a bee sting on my upper lip under my nose.

6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

misiongirl:
    Yes, I have face pain also, but it is from gritting my teeth and not handling anxiety well. I have to conciously remember to relax my face and body. I hold my muscles so tight that it is amazing what releasing them does. I have to keep reminding myself.
    I am not saying this is what you have, but it is what is true in my case.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan