Face rash or new acne or new acne rosacea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thelionrose, Aug 12, 2006.

1. thelionrose

thelionrose New Member

Anyone developed a new face rash or new acne that they did not have before? I had acne as a teenager that went away quickly. Since I have developed CFIDS, I have started to have an acne-like rash on my face, esp. my forehead and cheeks. It was diagnosed as acne rosacea and at first responded to an antibiotic called minocycline. After several years now the drug does not seem to be working as well and I have little white bumps all over my face.
  2. SweetT

SweetT New Member

My face looks worse than my adolescent kids---------it's pimply; discolored; rashy; blemished. And it seems as if nothing works---------it's either too strong (gives me dark blotches and stinging) or doesn't work.
  3. joanng

joanng New Member

I asked about this a few weeks ago. I think it was caused by one of my pain meds which I stopped using (fentynal patch). According to some of the info I received here (not from my dr who just ignored me) my liver could have been overloaded. I started takiing Milk Thistle and Dandelion. A lot of the acne has cleared up, and no new breakouts have appeared. It's definitely something to think about. Are you taking any thing or have you been taking anything for a long period of time or increased any dosages? Good luck.