face swelling after getting up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MAGIE, Dec 31, 2002.

1. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

This is my third experience with this problem. I get up in the morning with half side of my face all swolled-up. Specially my eye and upper lip. It goes away during the day,but I look very bad upon awaking. Could this be part of fibro? Has anyone have this problem?
    Thank you.
    Magie
  2. healing

healing New Member

it could be an allergy....think about what you are in contact with before and when you go to bed....could be bug bites, too. doesn't sound like any part of the FMS I have!
  3. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Magie:
    My eyelids top and bottomwould swell up where I could hardly see - this went on for weeks. The doctor checked everything he could, including chest xrays, and settles on allergic reaction to something, not sure what! or they thought I had lupus at that time too.
    One thing for sure is that it is an allergic reaction which you need to get checked out ASAP. Nothing to fool around with. It could be a sign of something entirely different than fms. We sometimes fall into the trap of thinking every symptom we have is related to our fibro. That's dangerous thinking, to me.
    So, it would be a good idea to have your doctor look at it. I don't think facial swelling is listed as a fms symptom.
    Good luck and let us know what happens.
    sue