Face tingling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have CFS, FMS - also cervical spine problems

Lately, I am having facial tingling - lips, chin, sometimes face

Went to a neurologist today - wants me to have brain MRI

I was thinking the tingling was coming from my cervical spine, but he doesn't think so....

Anyone else experience this??
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Hi Empower, Tingling lips can also be associated with HypoPARAthyroidism. Lots of other symptoms too. Here is one link: http://www.medicinenet.com/hypoparathyroidism/article.htm. Have you had any neck surgery recently?
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Interesting, thanks

No, no neck surgery, just bad neck - degenerative disk

4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

that is strange, before i was dx'd with fibro, i had alot of tingling, at times, on the tip of my nose (still do). I'm seeing a neuro next week, and thanks for bringing the up, I would have fogotten to ask them. Also have spine problems, spinal senosis, scoliosis,ddd, etc. Wow, your post have made my brain wonder. Take Care and sorry for the rambling,

5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

cervical disc degeneration and spinal stenosis: I have DDD in C2-6, and once in awhile my whole face will tingle and sting, too.

I've had MRIs, 2or 3 and all they say is I have "unspecified" spikes at the base of my brain...and they don't know what it means! Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Ice packs on the neck helps ease whatever nerve compression is going, or brain viral swelling, for me.

Get better soon!

6. toddm

toddm New Member

I've been dx'ed with CFS & POTS and I have the same tingling lips and teeth, it has been better since I was put on Alegra-D for sinus problems and increasing my magnesium. Good luck finding out what is causing yours.
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks for your replies

I just can't help but think that this is related to the degenerative discs in neck, or the FMS

Doc says no, so....... but they don't know everything, especially about FMS!!!

Will see what the MRI shows, hopefully nothing