Facial Flushing/ Red Skin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Jan 17, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Is there anyone else whos skin has changed and they notice more flushing, redness?

Just wondering.

K.
  2. darude

darude New Member

Noticed face is red all the time and get lots hot flushes.
  3. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I was told it is Rosacea and I use Metro Lotion to control it. So far so good.
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

It is on my arm too.

GBHope
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

GB Hope I get it on my arms too, especially my right one.

I was told it was rosacea too, but I think its an FM symptom because when I got really bad with the pain, is when the redness started.

I get the hot flushes too and I'm 41. things that make you go hmmmmm.

Kch64
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2006]
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

the start coinsided with my getting sick with Mono.. anyone ever heard of Mono causing rosacea?? Hmmmmmm
    Face, v-neck of chest..
    I also get lesions..
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I started with fibro symptoms the year after I had mono. Just didn't know it at the time.

Kendra (kch64)
  8. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I have been checked for Lupus. I had a normal ANA test and I also had a biopsy done on my arm. My GP is still watching me. She says she thinks I have Lupus, but it is not showing up yet on the tests.

In the last 3 months I have had 4 doctors ask me if I have Lupus when they see me. Even my next door neighbor says she thinks I have Lupus (her mother has Lupus).

Those of you who have the rosacia, are you red all of the time or just every now and then?

Jodi
  9. picknroll

picknroll New Member

I also have experienced some facial flushing recently in the last 6 months or so, and I have had FM for 9 years now (wow, can't believe it has been that long!). My FM symptoms have also gotten worse lately, as bad as they were in the beginning. I wonder if it's related to a flare??? My body temp has been fluctuating. when I wake up in the morning, my temp is frequently 96 or lower. Then I have hot flashes on and off throughout the day with low grade fevers.
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

it seems to happen more when I am run down.. My face/chest will feel hot.. and the rash will come up.. the rash can last for days.. seems like my chest is rarely a normal color anymore.. My skin will be dry and rough as it goes away..
    I too have had a few docs think it was the malar rash of lupus but my tests do not show lupus.. I have always had a negative ana..
  11. Abby2005

Abby2005 New Member

I have had Fibro for 30 years. The roseaca started about 10 years ago. I was referred to a dermatologist and prescribed
    Metro Cream. I use it when the red starts coming back & it controls it.
    Abby
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

Maybe its because we have lowered immunity or because of the infections in our bodies.

donanagin I hope you don't have lupus.

k.
  13. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

You and I sound exactly the same. I also feel flushed and hot. My face and arms are red constantly. Sometimes they are redder than others,but the redness never goes away.

My eyes are also very red from dryness. I look just lovely. Ha

Jodi
  14. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I to get the flushing. Seems to come when I am in a flare up and my blood pressure is up.
  15. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I get this several times a day during the last flare up and one morning I woke up with a 103 degree fever, the fever went down about 10 hrs later.
  16. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I have this quite a bit along with excessive "sweating" on my head. When it's summer, I'm a shade of red all the time!
  17. petsrme

petsrme Member

My complexion was great until I got sick. I started getting red flushing whenever I would get embarrassed ( of course),after shower, when stressed, when eat spicy food or drink even a sip of alchohol. I began to get redness over my nose and cheeks like the lupus rash. I also have started getting spider veins and brown spots. My mom even accused me of being an alcholic because of the spider veins. I had told her for years that my skin had changed and gotten worse and that I had the lupus rash and she would say she couldn't see a change. Then last summer we were at a pool and she could see really good and I didn't have makeup on and she said that people who get red flushing and spider veins are big drinkers. She then asked me if I was sure I wasn't one.

This hurt me and angered me a lot because i had been trying to convince her for years that i would get the lupus flushing and that my complexion had changed. Now I am afraid to let her see me with no makeup on. I can tell it even with my makeup on but she evidently could only see the changes in the bright of day with no makeup.
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

burning hot...i thought mayb i had high blood pressure...well that was fine my pulse was 114....i thinkit was from my new med call concert er...was trying for brain fog and energy...well i has been kmocking me out...i am alost getting to the conclusion that maynbe is the lesser of thr evils....for anideprssants....

j
  19. floridamarlen

floridamarlen New Member

and most doctors ive seen just dont believe me when i say i dont drink alcohol. its all over my chest too.marlene
  20. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Jodi,
    My doctor said the "exact" thing as your doctor.

Years ago I had severe dry eyes. I tried contacts and that was such a disaster. My eye doctor asked me about Lupus and I told him no I didn't have that. Then he asked me about Rosacea, and I said no. Eventually I went to the derm and he said, "Oh yeah, rosacea." Metrogel didn't work for me.

Like you, my doctor just says, "the lupus hasn't shown up yet." She's fairly certain its there. Sucks, huh?
    Tigger