facial twitching -- herpes simplex? any advice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Aug 8, 2003.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

A while ago I responded to somebody about my husband getting facial spasming that was relieved by botox, and actually gotten better. They felt he'd had Bell's Palsy altho he never got any drooping of muscles.

I started getting twitching in my left eyelid ocasionally several months ago, and now this week it's taking turns with muscles under my r. eye, and today I feel like there's a 'track' from there into my tooth. This is so weird. I've never had cold sores or any sign of herpes, but wondering if this is connected to what happened to my husband.

He always takes a lot of lysine at first sign of a cold sore, altho it never seemed to help with his face (unless it happened over time). I took a bunch today, and going to see if it helps over the next week.

I just don't get it, wondering if anyone else having something like this happening/has happened? The only med I take is Klonipin (.25) along with lots of supplements.

Thanks for any input,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2003]
  2. nitengal42in

nitengal42in New Member

Is not something you should take if you have FM. I was warned by my rheumy (who also has FM/CFS as I do) to not EVER take it.

It works to activate the antiviral antibodies in our body. Unfortunately, this is not a good thing in people with FMS. Do not take it anymore. It can cause more damage than you may expect.

I do wish you the best of luck. Please, go see your doc about the twitching. It is very important to take care of it ASAP.

Gentle Hugs

Stacey