Failed, feel useless and so confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

I failed the low carb diet.

Since starting this diet i have had a hell of a time with fatigue and anxiety so much so that i couldnt sleep last night.

I got up, eaten something i shouldnt and so i now feel a total failure.

I really dont know what to do for the best.

Is it telling me that this diet is not good for me or telling me i need this diet.

Shazzy
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Shazzy,

Just had a peek at your picture/profile and think you look absolutely gorgeous.

The Adkins diet is impossible for me, love my veggies & fruit too much, - not a big meat eater.

Do you know of the Slimming World Diet? Absolutely everyone I know who has been on this one loses weight. I think it would suit you much better. Though you don`t look to me as if you need to lose much at all.
    Was it meds that caused any gain or just general.

With slimming World it`s red & green days, carbs one day & not carbs the next, - confuses the pants off me but a friend recently started and lost 3 lbs in a week without going hungry.

Let me know what you think.

Love Pat.
  3. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi Pat,

Its not just about losing weight. I been told by many that i should go on this diet for life as i am told it will help releive fatigue and anxiety amoung a few other things.
    I really having a hard time with it but now im confusd to what i am meant to be doing for the best.

I not heard of the diet you mentioned diet but it sounds better for losing weight.

I put on a stone since that picture in my profile, i am now 4 stone over weight. Was put because of medicine and being bed ridden for so many months.

Thanks

Shazzy
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Shazzy,

You haven`t failed, despite everyone`s well meant advice, it`s just a matter of finding the right approach that suits you. We`re all different, and I admire you having a go but it`s obviously not the right one for you.

Tap Slimming World into ask Jeeves or whatever, and you`ll find some information on their web site.
    They give example red and green day foods. - I don`t understand how it works specially when you see the amount you can eat.

There should be classes near you, it`s £10 to join and £3 something each week, they do raffles and it`s great, I just went as a visitor recently with my friend who lost the 3 lbs.
    They also have a massive hamper for the one to lose the most weight in that week! Which I think is a great idea.

I really feel this is a diet that`ll work for you. It`s very well balanced and you don`t even go without the goodies.

This DD really stinks, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you continue to make good recovery.

Love Pat.
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

You haven't Failed, maybe the Diet failed you? If it's not working for you, you might try another one, but I would do it slowly, so your System, dosen't Go WhaT!

I was just wondering how you were doing? Hope you can get some of your Strength back, it's the Pit's being tired all the time.
    I just went through a small I don't care Mood, I guess it was a flare, cause I hurt all over these day's anyway, lol.

I haven't sent you an "E", cause my Computer is messed up, and the Son has to come over and help me fix it. Then he's putting in a "FireWall, I can't print anything either, I wanted to send you some information but I'll wait till after this weekend.

Hang in there, and adjust your Diet slowly.

Just love your Photo. Great Leg's eh? BTW what's a Stone?
    Sincerly,
    Sharonk
  6. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

It's a very challenging way to eat, due to the very processed, carbohydrate and sugar-laden society we've become. It's not easy. The best thing you can do -- if you still wish to continue with Atkins -- is find a good support group online or a real life diet buddy. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you.

--Melissa
  7. shazz

shazz New Member

You "cheated" and I can promise you not ONE of us on any kind of diet hasn't done that.
    Maybe Atkins is just not for you. I have a hard time with it too, I feel so lousy from the carb withdrawal that I cave in. I wish I could tell you what the "right" diet is, I haven't found it yet.
    First off, we all know that white flour/sugar is horrible for us. There are diets that stress more whole carbs such as we get from whole grain cereals and veggies and fruits.
    There are diets that restrict fat. There are ALL kinds of plans out there and not one size fits all.
    Alot of ladies here do well on Sommersizing, I am actually thinking of trying that one. Another that I have seen success with is PRISM, which does allow more whole carbs, you can eat certain cereals, and brown rice, fruits, veggies etc, but you must count calories too.
    Take a deep breath, do some research and try again!!

Hugs,

Shazz
  8. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

you didn,t fail you just need to find the way of life that suits you, i have been on every diet going and failed them all till i started slimming world about 8 weeks ago i have lost 1 and 1/2 stone so far and it is easy to stick to and you are never hungry you can eat loads red day is meat and fruit and veg, and green day potatoe, pasta and rice, you can also have 5 to 15 sins a day as long as you count them and i lose on avarage 2 pound a week and i am keeping it off, this is a first for me and if i do mostly red days as i like meat and i am craving potatoes i change to a green day the next day and have a huge jacket potatoe with beans and some cheese it is just a diffrent way of eating not like a diet, hey if i can do it any one can, i went on holiday to spain a couple of weeks ago for 2 weeks and when i came back i had lost a pound.

Love Loopyloo xx
  9. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you all for your replys.

I have decided to stop that diet and try the slimming world diet.

Cheers

Shazzy

10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

When one thing dosen't work, try another way. Hope this one will do the trick for you and give you some result's.
    Sincerely,
    sharonk

[ advertisement ]