Failed on Guai?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BHFIBRO, Jul 23, 2003.

1. BHFIBRO

BHFIBRO New Member

Have been trying Guai for quite a while now and cannot function anymore. Trying to keep up with Sals etc. is exhausting! And the pain guai caused is horrible. Also, the doc says it may take me many years to get well as I have been Fibro for many, many year. I am afraid before I get well, my kids will be grown and gone before I can function again!

Am I the only one who failed?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you are having such a hard time on the Guai. First, if you are in that much pain for more than a couple of weeks, you need to decrease the dose, at least for a bit.

The sals are not that big a deal. I always suggest that people eliminate the sals before starting the Guai and get the replacement products in place. After that, there's nothing more to be done in terms of the sals. Many people are of the mistaken belief that we cannot ingest herbs. That is not true. We can eat pretty much any botanicals, except I would stay away from mint. We just can't take supplements with botanicals concentrated in them. Soaps and shampoos aren't that big a deal because they are rinsed off. It's the deodorants, skin creams, and toothpastes/mouthwash which are the biggest sal problems.

I think it's awfully early for you to decalre the Guai treatment a failure. Why not reduce the dose for a bit. It's obvious that the sals aren't bothering you if the Guai is giving you painful flares.

Everyone should know that the Guai is a lifetime treatment or until a cure is found. I've been on it for two years and it has been an overwhelming success for me.

Have you read the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. Paul St. Amand? I'm guessing from reading your post that you are not knowledgeable about the theory, the protocol, the sals, and the need to tweak the dose. Failure to become knowledgeable about all these facets of the treatment will almost guarantee failure.

I hope you will give this treatment a chance. You have just started and need to be patient and flexible. This is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

Love, Mikie