Failing relationships.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, May 3, 2006.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi evryone im so so depressed i dont know which way to turn i seem to be sinking deeper & deeper into depression.
    I cant control my depression & that scares me as does the downhill spiral im on,its so unfair i dont know what to do.
    I take dothiepin 2x75mg at nite & 1 x 150mg quetiapine again at nite.
    I dont think theyre working at all i saw my doctor today & i said id have a word with my pyschiatrist who im seeing tomorrow afternoon.
    Life is so unfair isnt it i didnt ask for alll these illnesses why me?
    I can always rely on my fibro family for kind words & support & prayers.
    I dont have any friends where i live i have no family contact coz my family dont understand me.
    Pleas help me im so alone.
    Fibrolady37.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

We are here for you.

I also have my ups and downs.Downs more than up.Sometimes just having someone answer my post makes me feel better cause I know they are there.

I wish I was near you I would give you a HUGE gentle hug.

Please know that I do care .And if you ever need to let it all out I'm here every day.

You have a wonderful daughter Sophie.Give her a kiss and hug for no reason .That should help you.To know that our children are there is always a huge help.

Hang in there.I wont tell you things will get better .But I am telling you I'm here.

Gentle Hugs
    Sue

3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I am 41 years old and I have noticed that for the past two years I am having serious bouts of depression. Out of the 22 years that I have been fighting CFS this is new for me. Yesterday I cried and cried and could not stop for no known reason. I am wondering if it is hormonal.

I think the main thing is really my hormones are getting out of whack plus the disease is just about to wear me down. My husband held me and let me cry, cry, cry! I felt like such a big baby afterwards, but the crying helped.

My mom takes Prozac for her depression and it has been a lifesaver for her. She has been on it about 7 years now. She also takes a xanax at night. Maybe you should try some different medicines.

love,
    Andrea
  4. girlymom

girlymom New Member

Thinking of you. You're never alone in spirit. Take care-
  5. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i, too, have been on a downward spiral with anxiety and depression. there's a lot going on in my life aside from fm and its symptoms.

i've felt just like you do: lonely, confused, afraid, worried.

but, like one of the posts read 'you're doing the right things by seeing your doctor, speaking w/your psych.' i am beginning to see a psychtherapist because of the changes i've noticed in myself in the past 3 months or so. only positives will result for the both of us!

keep you head held high and know that what you're doing is right and be proud of that. the rest of the stuff we do all battle from time to time and this board is really of help.

i take lexapro (and xanax at times). lately i've been feeling that the xanax has been relied upon more than usual. not going to kick myself tho. sometimes we need extra help and tlc!! you've got that here on the board.

i hope you have a more peaceful day.
  6. KIMHURTS

KIMHURTS New Member

I totally understand how you feel!I have no friends,no family that understands.You are not alone.Though i know that doesnt help the way you sre feeling.I am alone too and extremely depressed.I dont know the answers.But i do know you are not alone.
    KIM
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

I was originally diagnosed with depression, before I found a doctor that was smart enough to connect what my head was doing and what my body was doing. My doctors had me on, Buspar, Wellbutrin, lexapro, Zoloft, effexor, Prozac and elavil. All those did was make me worse (or they did nothing). Then I read about Omega-3 oils. I can't even tell you how much better I feel. They have saved my life. I'm sure if I hadn't started taking them I would've killed myself or ended up commited. I was in a really bad place. I know we have every reason to be depressed about this illness, but it seems this illness also causes depression. Our brains need omega 3 to function correctly. You should really try them. Take coromega or fisol so you don't get the fish burp everyone complains about. I'm not saying it will cure all your problems, but it sures makes it easier to get through everyday. My thoughts are with you.
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

prickles youre right im a survivor & a fighter but im seriously depressed & im so sick of being so tired & ive had the worst ever winter with my rheumatic pain.
    For the last few months ive noticed i have a different kind of pain than my rheumatic pain.
    I saw my doctor last week & he sent me for an x-ray i have 2 more weeks to wait for the results im all over the place its looking like its arthritis.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

to say im here for you anytime prickles it works both ways & when im helping other sufferers it takes my mind of my many illnesses & my newest illness.
    Ive been using this site for 10 years now & its my lifeline it really is.
    I know i can always rely on my fibro family however bad things get & vice versa.
    Fibrolady37.
  10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I am sorry you are feeling down, but I can totally relate.

It is normal to feel that way sometimes with a chronic condition. It is important not to stay that way though. I'm glad you are seeing a phsychatrist.

Try to find what put's you in a good frame of mind. maybe it is a funny movie, a favorite scripture, a positive person, a favorite food, a fun place, etc.

I have made a list of my good "place", my "bad place' and my transition "places". So I can reconize when I am in a downward spiral, I can do the thing's that help lift my mood again to bring myself out of it. It is cognetive therapy.

Hugs to you, it will get better,
    Claudia
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

know that thanks.
    Ive never been a martyr & i never will be.
    I currently have 40 illnesses & this winter was the worst ever for my rheumatic pain it really was crippling me.
    Plus i started feeling a different pain to my rheumatic pain.
    I went to see my doctor who asked me what the problem was.
    I told him & he prescribed 500 mg of paracetemol to add to my 30 pills a day.
    He sent me for an x-ray & i have another 2 weeks to wait for the results.
    He said i either have tendon damage to my right hand or arthritis.
    The pain is in my whole body is quite literally crippling
    i got to the point where i couldnt take it anymore.
    Ive never sat at home & moaned or whinged im not that type of person but believe me if you had to try & cope with this amount of serious pain that leaves you paralysed or unable to move without screaming in excrutiating agony youd feel the same as i do.
    Fibrolady37
  12. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

liciumchild,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my mail its so good to know you care thank you so much for that.
    I have used this site for 10years now & i always know i can rely on my fibro family & vice versa.
    Its so hard for us trying to cope with these dds every day & as soon as i started feeling this other pain i knew something was very wrong.
    I cant use my right hand because its so sore im in excrutiating agony.
    I went to see my doctor straight away & he prescribed 8 x 500mg paracetemol per day.
    He also sent me for an x-ray i have 2 weeks 2 wait then my results should be at my doctors then.
    I just want to know what causing this crippling agony to put a name to it.
    Your mail is lovely its so obvious that you care thank you so much for that it really means a lot to me.
    Im also here for you & everyone on here those who know me know i will reply when i can.
    Fibrolady37.
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you so much sue im so grateful to you for replying.
    Sophie has been at her dads for 2 nights she is due home 2moro night after school so i will give her a very gentle hug & a kiss.
    As i do it i will think of you & how kind youve been to me i know i will feel a lot better then.
    Im always here for you & everyone on here i always will be.
    Very gentle hugs to you ((((((((((((((((((((.
    Thanks again youre a star.
    I will keep in touch & let you know how i get on with my x-ray results.
    I cant believ how kind you are god is watching you & he knows youve done your good deed for the day.
    Take real good care of yourself.
    Fibrolady37.
  14. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hang in there. You haven't had an easy life. I don't blame you for being down now and again. But like you said, you are a survivor. And we are here praying and pulling for you!
    (((hugs)))
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

reason i told you how bad things are with my health is because everyone who knows me from friends carers & the massive teams of consultants,physios,occupational therapists counsellors etc know im a fighter.
    They always tell me im an inspiration to other sufferers & they think id be good at talking to kids with fms.
    Id really like to do that so im looking into going into schools to educate kids about cfs,me & fms.
    I could teach them valuable lessons & id like to know ive done some good.
    Im now in a wheelchair i told you that so youd know how bad my 41 illnesses have affected me.
    Here are some very gentle hugs for you ((((((((((((.
    Take care im here for you if & when you need a friend.
    Fibrolady37.
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

andrea hormones well us ladies know all about hormones dont we?
    I have cfs,me,fms,ibs,sleep apnea,restless leg syndrome,myofacial pain syndrome,sygrens syndrome,very blurred vision,migraines,light intolerance & the list goes on.
    All those illnesses & the other 29 illnesses affect my hormones in some way.
    Women with fms there is a very high % of women who start having problems with cfs,me & fms after having children.
    That affects your hormones without a shadow of a doubt.
    Im here for you whenever you need me you just made a true friend welcome to my fibro family!
    There are some very gentle hugs coming your way (((((((((((!
    Fibrolady37.
  17. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

andrea hormones well us ladies know all about hormones dont we?
    I have cfs,me,fms,ibs,sleep apnea,restless leg syndrome,myofacial pain syndrome,sygrens syndrome,very blurred vision,migraines,light intolerance & the list goes on.
    All those illnesses & the other 29 illnesses affect my hormones in some way.
    Women with fms there is a very high % of women who start having problems with cfs,me & fms after having children.
    That affects your hormones without a shadow of a doubt.
    Im here for you whenever you need me you just made a true friend welcome to my fibro family!
    There are some very gentle hugs coming your way (((((((((((!
    Fibrolady37.
  18. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

your right i have 7 very powerful women spirits watching over me theyre protecting me & are my guardian angels.
    I also carry a bag with around 20 to 30 crystals in my handbag to keep me safe etc.
    And i had 2 guardian angel pins so im very well protected!
    Thank you so much take care.
    Fibrolady37.
  19. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

kimfibro,
    Thank you oso much for your mail im so glad you replied to mine.
    I also have a hell of a lot going on aswell as my 40 illnesses so i know how hard it is.
    I also have other issues aswell as all my illnesses its no wonder we get depressed is it?
    Im here for you whenever you need me youve just made a true friend & welcome to my fibro family.
    Here are some very gentle hugs for you ((((((((((((((.
    Fibrolady37.
  20. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you kim its so sad that we all have to suffer with these dreadful dds aagh i feel better for that!
    Im here for you whenever you need me so write down my name & i will do the same then we can keep in touch.
    If you dont want to i understand i just want you to know youre not alone im here for you.
    Here are some very gentle hugs for you i guess you could do with some ((((((((((((((((((((((((.
    Take care & dont be a stranger!
    Fibrolady37.