Fair WarningI going to do some whinning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralea443, Mar 18, 2006.

1. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

Okay so I don't usally post like this but I feel like whinning today so forgive me and bear with me.

So if the Fibro isn't bad enough, I'm pre-menopause (tons of fun)

That means I now get Migrianes for 9 days (on my 7th day today)the meds the dr gave me I had to quite cause they gave me dangerous side-effects, new meds are okay but don't work all the time

I haven't started my period yet and my stomach is so bloted it feels like it's going to burst.

Weather has been bad so the FM pain is more than normal

The thought of food make me sick to my stomach which in turn not eating makes the headaches wrost awwwwwwwwwww.

Okay I'm done----going to go crawl under the blankets for about 2 years.

Talk with you all when I come out. LOL

Please no pitty for me just felt like complaining.

2. JLH

JLH New Member

Awwwww, yes you do want someone to say that they are sorry you feel so bad today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I've been there .... where you are today, and it's no fun.

I am 55 and over menopause, but I know how you feel right now.

I was fortunate that my headaches went away when I retired six years ago! I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 32 but that did not solve my migraines.

My migraines were mostly stress related, I guess, since they quit when I retired my high-stress job, long hours of work, and long commute.

But it probably wouldn't hurt to get your hormone levels checked out--maybe something on that line would help.

The main thing that helped me was when they put me on an antidepressant.

In fact, I was reading a Woman's Day magazine this morning and an article in it (the Easter issue--probably April's) about migraines. They recommended 2 preventative meds: either Topomax or Elavil.

We'll be ready to talk to you when you come out from under the blankets in about 2 years!!! LOL

Big Hugs,
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

When you get a migraine for 9 days you deserve more than pity. I am sorry you are suffering so much.

Perimenopause is a bad time, worse, I think than actual menopause. It is the few years before that are the pits. Oh I forgot to add that the trick here someone posted re drinking two glasses of gatorade works except I used Pedialite. Give it a try.

Love anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  4. Josie39

Josie39 New Member

Yes, you DO deserve the pity!
    Been there (at 32) and done that ...
    then, along came the Fibro! Yikes!!!!
    Enjoy your rest beneath the covers,
    sounds GOOD to me, at times! lol!
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

are so terrible. I had them for about 20 years. Once I went thru a period of abut 3 yrs with migraine everyday. I had flashing lites, black spots, i think called "auras" with them. I was on some kind of "triple therapy" which included inderal an antidepr and something else, but that didn't stop them.

In 1996 I went to a highly trained acupuncturist for my FM...my migraines disappeared and none since! My Fm was much better for about 6 years, now has returned but not as bad. My CFS with weakness and brain problems is worst for me. Swollen lymph nodes, etc.

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I used to pack my head in ice and try to fall asleep that way...sometimes they lessened or went away for a few days.

When you get out from under the covers to read these, I hope you feel better just because you aren't alone, and we care.

6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm fighting 3 autoimmune diseases at once (asthma, FM, and Crohn's), have borderline glaucoma, AND I'm also in the perimenopause. Oh how I can relate to you. I too just want to curl up under the covers and have the world go away.

Have a good long cry if you need to. I cry these days for no reason at all. Sometimes it helps.

I don't get migraines thank God but sometimes when I have a bad headache I drink a Coke (not diet or no caffeine but the real High Octane stuff) and it helps.

Peace and gentle ((((((Hugs)))))
  7. Larac.

Larac. New Member

My headpain, has been on going since I had car accident 2005--and I was told I had fibro-chronic pain and fatigue--

I would work with heapain,neck and left shoulder pain--I get nerve blocks from my rheumo-dr...
    I have had a bone scan--

I take midrin and Imitrex 100mg--Imitrex is great--but only can get 12 a month--With every movement of my head the pain just bangs more and more--It has messed me up with my memory, talking on phone, being around kids, loud noises and sounds, crying you name it--

I was in bed for 2yrs---I do not drive anymore because my head is so bad--

8. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

My ex-sister in law is a doctor and when i had a migraine while visiting at her house, she told me to drink this syrupy concoction of very little water , a ton of sugar and a ton of instant coffee . I threw it up . Still , I felt better.

I think that if you take little sips of the stuff it would work better than belting it down all at once as I was advised ! It does something with the vaso-constrictor aspect of headaches ; especially migraines.

9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Boy...that would put me over the edge. I went through an awful time with menopause. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 34. The Dr. said leaving 1 ovary would be enough. Ha! What do men know. I went into early menopause at 38. It lasted for 10 years. My mother is 81 and still has hot flashes! Great genes in our family!

I've only recently started getting migraines. My daughter has had them for about 12 years now. Weather sure doesn't help. She takes a couple of Advil and drinks them with a coke as soon as she feels one coming on. She says it really takes the edge off. You might want to give that a try if you haven't already.

Stay toasty in those blankets and we'll see you down the road. LOL

All the best,

10. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

I have had menstrual migraines for years. A few months ago I was at an integrative pharmacy and I told the tech about my menstrual migraines (I get one on day 14 and 1 on day 29). She said she had had them too and tried a product by Femenessence. I've tried other macas before but this one DID work! Sometimes I still have a twinge of a headache but a regular dose of Ibuprofen usually clears it up whereas before it didn't.

I do not in any way work for this company. Just thought I'd pass on the info.