Fairly new here...what are the benefits of guai?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caperkat, Aug 27, 2006.

1. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I've visited this board quite a bit in the past month or so, but still feel new, with many ?s about things I've read here.

What are the benefits of guai? Is it only available in health stores, or on this site?

I also want to say I appreciate all the warmth and compassion I read in others' posts and replies. It seems there are many folks who know each other well, and for a long time. I look forward to being one of those people.

It's hard to "fit in" at first, the board goes fast, and sometimes there are few or no replies to a posting. I'll hang in there, tho... this site is well worth it!

Thx to the moderators as well!!

kat
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

type guai (in content) you will find many posts about the benefits of guai. You can also google guai and find more info than you'll know what to do with!

The doctor who wrote the book on guaii for FM is Dr. St. Armand. His office is in Marina del Rey, Ca.

If you do a google search on guai check the International Guai Support Group site. You'll find everything you ever wanted to know about guai!

You'll also learn a lot about CFS/FM on this site. Sometimes overwhelming but invaluable!

Best wishes and welcome!
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi kat! Welcome to the board. I have been taking guai for 5 months, and hope to answer some of your questions.

Dr. St. Amand's book What Doctors May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia is the guide for the guai protocol. His revised version (2006) is a good read even if you are not on guai. As others have already said, the guai reverses the symptoms of fibromyalgia in some people and there are many success stories on the website that is dedicated to Dr. SA, www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com.

The book and the website will answer most questions, and if after you would like to join us, we have a group here, Guai Ladies, who are following the protocol. If you put Guai Ladies in the post, someone will jump in to answer your questions! We have newbies to veterans, and we're a friendly bunch :).

All for now. Best of luck to you, Ann
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Glad you're enjoying the board!

Here's a little info on the Guafenesin protocol:

It's based on Dr St Amand's theory that all our FMS/CFS symptoms are caused by our bodies being genetically unable to rid themselves of phosphates.

It is essential to read & exactly follow Dr Paul St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia'.
    ( Confusingly, he also has a book with the same title but the word 'fatigue' on the end. This has the basic info but has more about his diet for those of us who are hypoglycemic.)

Not all Guaifenesin will work consistently; you need to buy a recommended brand,several of which are sold here (go to 'store' at the top of the page).

It takes a lot of determination.This is a treatment for life, not a cure. It supposedly reverses the symptoms of FMS/CFS (& the associated brainfog, IC, IBS, skin conditions etc. etc.).As you reverse cycle, you will feel worse. In fact, your correct dosage is one that makes you feel tolerably worse.

Salicylates will stop the Guai from working, which is one reason you need the book. You cannot e.g. take asprin, use mint dental products, use toiletries with plant extracts,garden without gloves etc. etc.

You don't need a doctor to do this if you can't find one, just the book . There are Guai Group message boards for the US , UK & NZ. They have lists of sal free products. You can access them via Dr St Amand's fibromyalgiatreatment website:

www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com

Hope this helps a little.

5. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I appreciate the replies to my questions about guai. That certainly clears up some of my confusion about topics I have found on these boards. I realize there isn't a cure at this point, but I'm really looking for relief so I can keep working.

Thx again for the tips, and also about how to get more involved here. It's a little hard to get to know folks, but I am replying & posting more often now.

kat