fairly new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damyank, Oct 30, 2005.

1. damyank

damyank New Member

I recently joined this board and have read alot of really good info so far.Presently thr brain fog,fatigue and pain levels have really begun to take its toll.I am a 34yr. old male and have always been a fighter.Until recently would never even consider using a doctor and at present have been seeing a rheumatologist that is narrowing my meds to find what works so far tried ADS like elavil,trazadone and musle relaxers flexeril and zanaflex,and ultram plus a number of anti inflamatorys,Anyway I am presently taking neurontin 2700mg a day,ultram as needed and zanaflex as well.I just hate playing this every 4 weeks switching and trial and error.Sorry to ramble on my mind is all over the place right now.Just had to put that out there and start utilizing these boards for help and admitting that I must endure and continue to remain strong.
    looking foward to making friends
    Mike
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've been coming here for about 3 1/2 years (past name "bakron"), and have really learned and have grown in my understanding of what we call these "DD's." There is a lot of information for you if you go to the Library at this site and do research, or simply come to the Board and read. You can research the messages by putting in a topic word in the "search" box. Many great ones from the past to look through! Also, you can click on members' "handles" and get to know them better. This is fun . . you will really be glad that you found this site.

I know what you have been going through. It took a while to get the meds right for me, and then after about 3 years, we've just switched the SSRI (antidepressant/antianxiety). I'm currently on Ultracet, Cymbalta, and Neurontin. These all have helped the pain quite a bit. I was on Celexa and was changed to Cymbalta over this past month. The Cymbalta has done wonders for my migraines!

It will take time for things to get right for you, but they will get right.

Take care and come back frequently . . good to get to know you!

Warmly, Jeannette
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Welcome from another transplanted Yankee! And proud of it!

My husband and I moved to TX about a year ago to get me away from the NY winters. I grew up upstate near Albany, in a small town no one has ever heard of called Gloversville.

So sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much pain and script trouble. I'm glad you found us here on the board. I know it has been a godsend for me.

Ramble all you want, vent when you need to, ask ?'s, give suggestions, tell us what works for you etc. You'll find us a very kind, caring & friendly bunch!

God Bless & Happy to have you here!
    Jen