Fairydust39

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by cheryl888881, Nov 23, 2007.

1. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I just wanted to see how you did on thanksgiving and if you have heard about your mammogram yet. I hope that things went well for you. I know that you miss your husband very badly. I have been praying for you and hope that you got through the day ok.

Just let me know how you are doing. I truly care about you and know that life is not easy for you right now. Please take care of yourself and let me know how you are when you have a chance.

Love and prayers,

Cheryl888881
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I had my Mammogram and I have a lump in left breast 2.5 CM.
    I have to have a Biopsy on Dec. 4th. Hope and Pray that it is benign. I am really at my witts end right now. I have to go by myself since no family is close. I don't mind that so bad but I am having a horrible hip pain. I can hardly walk some days.I have to go to Morgantown,WV to see a Rheumatologist but can't see DR ubtil Feb.2008.
    When it rains it pours !!!
    Please Pray that God will undertake for me.I am so alone,but I know God will see me through this all.
    LOVE SHIRLEY
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2007]
  3. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I will be holding you up in prayer you can be sure of that. I don't know if you know but I have had breast cancer twice. The first time was 1987 at which time I had a bilateral mastectomy, both breasts removed, although the cancer was only in the right breast. I had fibrocystic disease so badly that both my breasts were nothing but lumps so to be on the safe side I had both removed. I had reconstruction and nothing else. Then in 2000 I went to have my implants removed and exchanged because I had a leakage in one and during the procedure the plastic surgeon found more cancer in what was left of my right breast. So I had to undergo chemo and radiation.

I tell you all this not to frighten you but to let you know that you can survive even if the biopsy is not good. It is a struggle yes, but with the Lord's help I am a survivor. Just lean on God.

I want you to hold on to the Lord and if you have to pray for help every few minutes then do it. He will be with you. You should not have to face this alone. Do you need someone to take you and pick you up for the biopsy??? Please check to see. I know that it is hard all by yourself. I will be praying for you, I sure wish I was closer so that I could come and help you. Is there any chance one of your children could come and be with you???

I will be praying, please, please let me know how you do and the outcome. I care about you and pray for you daily. You shouldn't have to deal with this and especially not alone. Please keep in touch.

Love and prayers to you,

Cheryl
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Well I had my Biopsy today!
    I think it was the most painful thing I've ever been through except, childbirth !!!
    I laid on a table with my breast down through a hole and they said they numbed it but I don't believe them.I felt everything they did. OH MY DID I FEEL IT!!! They run a thick needle into the breast,to draw out a sample and then shot a metal pellet into the breast. I screamed so loud,I bet they heard me in the waiting room.I thought my whole breast would explode. I couldn't standup when they finished after an hour on the table. All the while they did the test my breast was squashed in a mammogram machine.
    She dressed me and lead me to the door and I almost fell over. I don't know how I got to the car and drove home,but I did. She said,call someone and I said,there is no one to call !!!
    Friday I'll know if it's cancer or not but I still have to have surgery to remove the lump. I bet I never go back there again!!
    What next---I just can't wait to find out !!!
    I am going to Morgantown to the Cancer center, for the operation to remove the lump.
    I am sooo depressed and wonder WHY all this is happening to me !!!
    Hugs Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2007]
  5. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

Shirley,

I am so sorry that you were caused so much pain by the biopsy. They should have given you more anesthesia if you were shouting out in pain. I am just so sorry. It should never hurt to where you actually feel it when they are doing any type of invasive procedure on you. You need to tell the dr and maybe even report it to the patient representative at the hospital where it was done. Or if it was a surgery center to someone in charge there. Again, I am so sorry.

As to why this is happening to you I just don't understand it either. I wish I did and I wish I could give you some sage advice. As you know we are told in the Bible that God will never let us suffer more than we can bare. I will be praying that God will be extremely close to you. Will you have someone to be there during the surgery for you?? I wish I lived closer because I would come and be with you and take care of you.

I think I told you that I have an older friend who lost her husband about 3 years ago and she had had breast cancer about 25 years ago and a few months after his death she had to go have a lump removed and she was just beside herself. She was fortunate in the fact that her younger son could come to be with her, but I know she would write me and just say she just didn't know if she could go through it without her husband. I think that God truly does know all about us and he really does know just how much we can stand. Maybe he allows it to show us that we are stronger than we think we are, that it causes us to depend on Him more, I don't really know but I do know as long as you have him you are never truly alone. I know that it is important to have human help and comfort and contact whenever we face something like this but if he chooses for you to go through it by yourself then he will provide the strength for you.

I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for you and hold you up to your precious father who loves you more than you even know. You are his daughter and he is the King of the earth. He will not let you down.

Please let me know the results of the biopsy as soon as you find out and please let me know the date of the surgery. I will be in prayer for you before, during and after, you can count on that for sure.

With love and prayers and a gentle hug to you my dear friend,

Cheryl
  6. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I just read these posts about your mammogram and finding the lump. I was shocked. I just had my mammogram done in Oct.
    I can't believe that they let you be in that much pain for the biopsy. That shouldn't have happened at all. I am so, so sorry that this is happening to you! I want you to know that I will be keeping in constant prayer, all day long a whisper on my breath bringing you before the Lord for strength to bear what you have to go through. I do know this from recent incidents in my own life, that God will take care of you in your time of need. It might not feel like it at the time, and I didn't, but later I saw that He had taken very good care of me. It hurts you and I know that and just know that I feel for you so very much and please let us know when surgery date is. Need to start praying now and for sure during the surgery.
    I sure wish there was someone who could take you and bring you home. They will not let you drive yourself home. My daughter who just turned 24 on Sun. had a lump removed several years ago and she could not drive home by herself because she was so groggy. Could your daughter come and take you? I am asking these things out of love for your, not trying to be nosey or bossy, please understand that. I am truly concerned for you. Sure do wish I lived close to you because I could do it for your for sure, and I would.
    Please lean on us for anything, as a sounding board. That is what this board is for. You need to get it off your chest. But know that God knows everything and I know that you are aware of that, but sometimes we just need to be reminded of that. He is in control of everything and He will take care of you.
    In Christian Love, and Gentle Hugs to you,
    Love, Mimi
  7. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

My two daughters is going to be with me during surgery and have already told me,they will stand by me through it all.

They are going to do more test,bone scan and CAT scan, to see if the Cancer has migrated from another part of my body. I will just put all my faith and trust in Jesus.

I am so fortunate to have all my friends here to Pray for me.Thank You all,very much.
    God is good and has got me this far,so he will see me through it all.
    Love Shirley
  8. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I am so glad that your daughters will be there for you through all of this. You need them at this time. I am praying for you and will be keeping you in my prayers constantly. The Lord knows what is best for your life and he will be with you through out all of this and beyond.

Just remember that we care about you and if you are not able to let us know what is going on perhaps one of your daughters would be kind enough to keep us posted. We will be praying for your whole family.

Keep God close to you.

Love, prayers and hugs,

Cheryl