Fall asleep w/o warning? An apology from Kat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Katlover, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Katlover

Katlover New Member

Each of us have to assess our abilities and sometimes my ability to communicate gets jumbled up! I didn't mean to hurt anyone by my comments about the folks who would get upset would be the folks that actually do fall asleep or "fog out" while driving.

Having lost a very loved and dear old gentleman in our neighborhood and having lost a very close relative to a drunk driver sometimes make me quick to judge and make comments without thinking. To those who were offended, I truly from the depths of my heart apologize. I know this apology probably won't be accepted by some, and I can understand that. But I do hope that you will at least try!

I do believe, though, that we have to really make the decision day by day. Some days I don't feel foggy or have to take a lot of meds. Those are the days I drive. On days I really feel like I might "zone out" I let my hubby drive. I would never want anyone to give up all of their independence by giving up their license if "zone outs" happen just once in a while. If it is a daily problem then considerations must be made.

Again, I apologize for hurting you. I guess this has been a very good lesson - think before I write. Thank you for making me realize my insensitivity.
    Kat
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just responding so that those you may have offended can read your post/apology.

My young son in law was killed in a car accident, because three horses managed to get out of their well secured pasture, but I don't hate horses, or the owners either. It was an accident pure and simple.

That was good of you to apologize, thats what this board is all about, if you make a mistake, then correct it.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl

3. pearls

pearls New Member

I don't "fall asleep without warning," but had commented about my own health changes that have lead me to carefully evaluate my situation vis-a-vis driving and taking steps to avoid problems. I also wrote several messages trying to get my point of view across in response to several whose views seemed to me to be that some of us were, indeed, "falling asleep without warning."

I hold no grudges and accept your apologies, though you may have intended them for others who had written.

Soft hugs, Kat,
    -Pearl