FALSE positive?????

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by monicaz49, Oct 20, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Nothing is ever cut and dry these days.
    Sheesh.
    I tested negative at kaiser but if i have lyme its been at least a few years and i wanted to test through igenex to be sure.
    My doc signed the consent form for me BUT also told me....YOU KNOW, WE GET A LOT OF POSITIVES THAT SHOW UP OUT FROM THAT PARTICULAR LAB. YOU MAY TEST POSITIVE BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN U HAVE LYME. COULD JUST MEAN YOU HAD A REACTION FROM A PAST TICK BITE OF SOME SORT IN THE PAST. lol.
    So...what the *&^%!
    Why are CFS/Fibro/Candida/Lyme and everything that sounds like ME so dang hard to test?!
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Most docs that treat mostly lyme patients rely only on Igenex. Many others are notorious for missing lyme. It is well known in the lyme world of this fact.

When you look at lyme symptoms they are identical to cfs/fm. Most Docs that treat lyme agree that cfs/fm is only a misdiagnosed case of lyme that hasn't had proper testing.

J
  3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Well, Igenex does have a lot of positives. I think the Jury is out on this. I have had a positive IGM with them as well. If you look at other sites that relate to different conditions I have seen others posting they had positives with Igenex as well. Best advice is go to LLMD and looka at your symptoms and go from there.
  4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

P.S. Even Igenex admits to " Cross Reactivity " with things like Epstein Barr and RA factors. I'm sure there is more
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

is that even the CDC says one should be treated based on one's clinical picture as NO test is 100% reliable either way...

of course, how the medical boards treat doctors who practice according to that directive is another question.

all the best,
    Victoria