Family doc won't be taking our health insurance next year :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just found out from my husband that our family doc won't be taking our current health insurance next year.

Well we went with this company because he wouldn't be taking our other prior health insurance. Are we just supposed to change like the wind everytime they decide they aren't going to take this insurance or that insurance?

Problem being is that he is the one who gives me Rx's for Xanax and recently Lortabs. I don't think I'm going to get that with another doc. We could change to another insurance company, but my eye doctor doesn't take that one insurance. I guess I could just pay in cash for him because I only see him once a year and I'd be more apt to change eye doctor's than family doc.

My entire point is why does this kind of thing happen all the time, just when we think we have enough stress in our lives, we get more? This is happening to us like every other year lately.

Because I have diabetes, I have to see the eye doctor every year, but that is no biggy to change him or even pay cash for the visit. His office is next to my family doc's office.

Just when I thought the healthcare part was going well, this happens. Hubby saw a notice at the family doc's office this afternoon about our insurance.

Why does life have to be so hard when we are already so sick?

Thanks for letting me vent here.

Hugs,
    Faye

2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...and it is so frustrating! The other thing that's happened a lot over the years is that a particularly great doctor up & retires or moves to another state! Then you're left to break in a new one.

I agree this is the pits! Sounds like keeping the primary doctor on a new plan is the best remedy, though, even if you have to change the eye doctor. My hubby's a diabetic, too, and just saw his eye doc yesterday for the annual exam---while he likes this doc allright, it's really the relationship with his primary doc & endo doc that he sees quarterly that he values.

Good luck!

Pam