Family has it also

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beans, Nov 20, 2002.

1. beans

beans New Member

There are others in my family who have CFS and Fibro.

I got a card from an old friend to day I had not heard from her in ages. We grew up in same area went to same school etc and my one cousin also grew up in same area.They were living in same block.
    The cousin is a year older.

The friend wrote telling me she had lunch with my cousin telling me that she also has CFS and Fibro.
    I have called my cousin and tried to reach her at other times we have talked about CFS we love each other.
    But she does not keep in touch .Too bad.
    We could be so much a support for each other.

Beans
  2. beans

beans New Member

There are others in my family who have CFS and Fibro.

I got a card from an old friend to day I had not heard from her in ages. We grew up in same area went to same school etc and my one cousin also grew up in same area.They were living in same block.
    The cousin is a year older.

The friend wrote telling me she had lunch with my cousin telling me that she also has CFS and Fibro.
    I have called my cousin and tried to reach her at other times we have talked about CFS we love each other.
    But she does not keep in touch .Too bad.
    We could be so much a support for each other.

Beans
  3. sarasuzy

sarasuzy New Member

Hello,
    My husband got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 4 months ago. My mother-in-law go diagnosed with Polymyalgia about 9 months ago. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for about 3 years. It's very odd that so many people in my family both blood related and non-blood related got diagnosed with it. I makes you think if we were all exposed to some kind of chemical that casued us to get Fibromyalgia. Just letting you know that you're not the only one that has family ties to Fibromyalgia.
  4. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

THis has been my same curiosity why this thing is in both my husband and I, our children. My husband's mother is definitely not well, shes 73 and skinny as a toothpick. My husband said he had bouts of mono all through his childhood, and remembers his mom getting sick alot. I've often wondered if there was something in his blood that ended up sharing that might be in certain families. Its the only way I can make sense of this. I don't think we were all exposed to something , that would mean it would have happended at the same time and we don't live near his mother.