Family you gotta love them

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jul 21, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi, I just wanted to vent some... Do you ever feel alone and like you are going crazy with this DD??? I gotta stop talking to my sister, I believe she thinks I am making this pain up... I have had pain for a long time just finally broke down last year and let it all out. the last 1-1/2" it has just gotten worse.

My sister called tonight and says were you sleeping? No, I wasn't just tired... Started to tell her about the bad flare I had the other night- the spasms got so bad I cried. I had taken a muscle relaxer and Xanax and felt like cutting my head and neck off.. My DH was really concerned and almost wanted to call 911.. Anyways she acts like well this that and she had this and that- flexeril didn't work for her. I told her it was a flare and I think it peaked- cause yesterday and today I am not as bad-I ache but do not feel spasms.

Gosh, just want her to understand... DH told me don't talk to her about any of this- so I guess i will keep my mouth shut when it comes to certain family members, love my sister dearly but she knows it all no matter what it is, I really hate being like this....

sorry - so long just needed to vent.
    Janet
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

is right, i dont talk to my sil about any of my illeness if she knows anything it is because of mil, who i dont share all with either...my sil is one of those people that if you are so sick and throwing up yet you have responsibilities then you just suck it up get up and do it.

you learn who you can talk to and who just doesnt get it, let them live one day in our life and then here there thoughts
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I know we are supposed to love our families, but a lot of families aren't very loveable and a lot of parents are toxic and some of them are abusers. Mine were.

I think cutting toxic people out of one's life makes more sense.

4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I've had to cut out most of my toxic family. They always want to bother me when they want advice, money, or me to show up (at the last minute) for some event. My aunts don't understand how I could be *that* sick since I'm younger than them.
  5. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

You guys I so right. The ole saying you can choose your friends but not your family' - anyways, it makes it hard not to be able to talk to them- BUT get tired of the advice all the time..

I did start filing for SSD- my sister thinks I should file for workmens comp. and blame work for my problems- she just doesn't get it- the energy level on this end can only go so far.... I am having a hard enough time to fill out the 12 pages I got from SSD last week- about my pain and mind- I did talk to my lawyer and he told me to fill out a copy and let him read it first. Bless him..

I guess my family is my DH and our pups.

Peace within ourselves.

Janet
  6. jjdg

jjdg New Member

I have 5 kids and they all understand what is going one and help me anyway they can,well really 3 of them are near,but the other2 offer too. My sisters and mom are very supportive,but then there is my husband,i have bitche about him in other posts,his mind is set and no changing it.now the gave us a deductable on my medicaide of $625,he is BS,he said he will not work more and why the hell did i ever go to the doc. in the first place if you didn't know what was the matter you wouldn't need $700 worth of pills a month,so i said lets get a divorce that way you wan't feel so obligated,and i will able to get all kinds of help without you!! he still hasn't answered me
    Janet
  7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hon, so sorry to hear about how your DH feels- If I could I would come through cyber space and give him a knock on the head. You don't need all this on top of the stress and illnesses you are going through.

Don't let him bring you down, sounds like you have some help from other family members and your children need you and you need them.... You have us on this board- I feel like this is my family, too... Please take care and be well.

Don't give up...

Hugs
    Janet
  8. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi again, just read your profile- love the picture and grandchildren- and I commend you so much for working on going back to college...

I, too start this fall- not sure what help I will need BUT will not give up... You are a survivor, lady... The best to you.

PS What is it you are taking in college?