FAMVIR QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Jul 20, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I would like to hear from people who are taking FAMVIR, what is your dose and what are the side effects.

When I took the prescription to the pharmacy they thogth it was a very high dose.

I'm very sensitive to medications to say the least
  2. namow

namow New Member

3. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

How many mg's did they rx you?

I take acyclovier which is a cusen to famvir. I have to take 800mg's three times a day. my insurance didn't like it much but hay who cares what they think they don't have to suffer the illnes. it helps with my chronic hives and swelling of my mouth and throat due to the epstein barr I have.

Its a bit hard on the tummy so I take mine with meals. other than that I haven't had any side effects from it. for I to am super sensitive to meds.

don't know if that helped.
    cindy
  4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

How long have you been on Acyclovir?

I've been taking them too, so far I take 800 2x a day but I'm suppose to go up to 800 4x a day. I'm taking them for activated EBV too! My throat has been swelling up lately but I thougth I'm getting more autoimmune diseases. Maybe it is the EBV!

Anyways, after starting Acyclovir I immed. notices much less Brain Fog and the black dots that I see are much less. They are still there but less. I think EBV enters our Nervous System and that's why we have weird symptoms. I also have a slight double vision and I think that's due to the damn EBV as well. I'm suppose to take it for 3 weeks so we'll see what happens after that.

Keep me posted.

Take care
    Chootik
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I now take Acyclovir because my ins. no longer covers the Famvir. If you can get your doc to prescribe the Famvir, it may not bother your stomach as much.

Famvir is an excellent drug but if one has HHV-6, I think the transfer factors are better. In fact, after one gets the viral load down, the TF's will work even better. They train the immune systems to recognize the pathogens and kill them. After about three months on the TF's, one can usually only pusle them for a couple of days every 4-6 weeks. BTW, pulsing antivirals, after taking them continually for a while, works better than taking them all the time.

Electronic zappers are also excellent for killing pathogens in the bloodstream.

Love, Mikie
  6. namow

namow New Member

fabricaholic: Thank you for your response.Dr. S rx me 500 mg 3/day but he also prescribed nystatin and florinef at the same time and I am kind of scared to take all this at the same time. And also other supplements to attack this viruses and the yeast...it sounds like soooo much to me, all at once!

[This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I take Famvir 500mg take 2 tablets twice a day for epstein barr, micoplasma, and something else my brain can't think right now, haha! I do get some tingling in my hands, but that is all. It has cleared up all the coldsores on my face and I had some inside my nose, cleared those up also. I think it is a very good drug. I have not noticed any stomach upset with or without food.

I hope this helps!
    Kellyann
  8. namow

namow New Member

Thank you kellyann!
    That is an encouragment to me. I'm also starting the nystatin today!
  9. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I am having a major relapse of CFS and my doctor prescribed Famvir 500mg 3xdaily. I could only take it for 4 days out of the 5 prescribed. It intensified my symptoms immensely. My skin was burning - arms, shoulders, neck, and face. I couldn't sleep.

It's been two weeks, and I'm still very ill and bedridden. I don't know if it helped get my viral load down.
    My immune system isn't working too well.

CherylSue
  10. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Hi Mikie,

You mentioned that Famvir killed HHV6. How do you know this? I thought it only worked on EBV. My doctor thinks I have HHV6 because of my remitting/relapsing CFS. When I took Famvir it really knocked my socks off.

Back on board,

CherylSue
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Read my response again. I mentioned that if one has HHV-6, I believe the TF's work better. The TF 200 (whatever it is now called here in the store) targets both strains. Good luck to you with the HHV-6.

BTW, I just got through pulsing a course of both the Doxy and the Acyclovir. I Herxed. Then, it was time to pulse the TF C and the TF 200. I am Herxing again. Obviously, the TF's are killing off something that the AV is missing. Could be the HHV-6, but I don't know for sure.

Love, Mikie
  12. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I can't believe I'm having this bad relapse. This is the third major episode including the beginning in May 2000. My remission only lasted 11 months this time. Last time it was 3 years. This is pretty scary to me. I'm thinking of going on disability.

Not very happy,
    CherylSue
  13. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

Where do you order or buy the electronic zapper?

I have a fibro friend in town but she is not available to talk to all the time. I have heard her talk about this.

She is religiously following Dr. Hulda R. Clarks protocol from the book, "The cure of all cancers".

I would appreciate some info.

Thanks,
    Love and hugs,

AbbeyMae
  14. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

CherylSue, I am so very sorry for this relapse. I know how disappointing it is to feel as though one is well and then have one's hopes dashed. I hope and pray that you get back into remission again. I finally had to accept that I could not work and have been on SSD a couple of years now. As you know, I've been in a relapse too since the Red Tide outbreaks down here in SW FL. I was ready to look for a part-time job. I'm trying to get myself back up to speed so I can work a little. I am finding that relapses don't last as long as they used to and I'm not as sick. I hope this means progress. At this rate, I should be well about the time I'm ready for the grave :) Seriously, though, it is possible to get back into remission, so don't give up hope.

AbbeyMae, I got the zapper from the Hulda Clark website four or five years ago. I really like it. I do not believe in everything Hulda Clark has to say about health and healing. There is a sound scientific basis for the zapper's ability to kill pathogens in the bloodstream, so I felt comfortable in using it. If I use it beyond just the daily auto program, it will cause Herxing, so I know it kills pathogens in the bloodstream. There are other brands, some of the less expensive, but the Clark zapper is very well made.

Love, Mikie
  16. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

MICKIE

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I AGREE WITH YOU, I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING DR. CLARK SAYS EITHER.

lOVE AND HUGS,

ABBEYMAE
  17. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member