FAMVIR - What to expect?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alec, Jun 17, 2003.

1. alec

alec New Member

With Kutapressin no longer available, my doctor has given me a prescription for Famvir. I've read some postings about its use. Can anyone tell me what I should expect when I start taking it? I am always apprehensive when I start something new. Thanks for your help.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I noticed no side effects except a Herxheimer Effect as it was killing off the virus. I went into a remission so complete that it was as though I had never been sick. After I quit taking it, the symptoms slowly returned.

I'm seeing my docs on Thurs. and hope to get a month's supply to see if I go into remission again. I hope it works as well for you.

Did your doc say anything about this drug. Any info would be welcome.

Love, Mikie
  3. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i take famvir when i'm having a herpes outbreak and never experienced any side effects. think it is safe and effective.
    alice

4. alec

alec New Member

Thanks for your responses. My doctor didn't give me much information on the drug. It was only prescribed because I couldn't get Kutapressin which I had been on for the last 3 months. Really didn't talk to Dr. about Famvir--just called the nurse and advised I could no longer get Kutapressin and asked what to do. She called back and said they would order Famvir as a substitute. That's why I came here for information--always a good source. In fact, until I pick it up from the pharmacy, I don't know much or how often I supposed to take it. I am hopeful I have the same good results as you.