Farm-raised vs. wild salmon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suze, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

Did you know that farm-raised salmon are given a synthetic dye with their feed to make them pink? There's quite a controvesy about the health benefits (or lack thereof) of farm-raised salmon. To read more, go to MSNBC and scroll down to the Newsweek stories on the right.

Suze

2. Suze

Suze New Member

Did you know that farm-raised salmon are given a synthetic dye with their feed to make them pink? There's quite a controvesy about the health benefits (or lack thereof) of farm-raised salmon. To read more, go to MSNBC and scroll down to the Newsweek stories on the right.

Suze

3. sofy

sofy New Member

Good topic. Will go to the site and see what they have to say. In the spring one supermarket in my area carries silverbrite wild salmon and it is wonderful. If I cook farm raised salmon on the grill so much fat drips that I get flames shooting up all over everywhere. Wild salmon is lean. You can see all the fat (light colored streaks) in the farm raised. Wild salmon is brighter color and not much streaking. The biggest problem with farm is the after taste. I have to reeat the same piece many times. Multi uck!! When the real stuff is running I buy hugh pieces, cook it and store it in snack bags in the freezer. Do the same thing when blueberries are cheap. Just rinse, dry, and throw them in a bag. Eat them frozen out of the bag for desert or snack when i want something sweet.
  4. kay

kay New Member

Salmon, is the best!!!When we lived in Fairbanks Ak. my hubby caught a king and it was sooooo good. Haven't had any that good since. Close but not close enough:))) Have a great day, lol Linda