Fast reply needed Miralax colon prep ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hey guys~
    NOT the happiest of campers right now.
    I'm prepping for tomorrow mornings colonoscopy using the dulcolax and miralax/gaterade. I'm into my second bottle of mixture (32 oz) and I'm going to the bathroom alot.
    Just how clear should you be? not to be to detailed butt ,..... :)
    Its liquidy but still slightly brownish,..sometimes yellowish. ?? I know,..gross. Am I done when its totally clear??
    I just feel so full and bloated/gassy already.
    The thought of even drinking anymore of that crud is making me sick.
    I have a bad headache to boot. (probably from no food and COFFEE!!!) I'm gonna hafta take a tylenol.
    answer soon if ya can
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

what color gatorade did you get? i was pooping greenish blue until the next day i was drinking blue
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Hey good to see ya~ This was all YOUR idea!! LOL
    and we think alike. I got blue gatorade too :)
    I'm afraid I'll hate it after this.

I s**t light blue-ish, and I just now puked some up.
    I think its because last night my gastro. dr. had me also drink a small bottle of that magnesium citrate just to get things going.
    Oh I'm goin. and it made me nauseated.

at his point i'm just going small amounts,... cause I don't think theres anything left in me.
    I also started all this early & have'nt eatin since 4 pm tuesday.
    I hope I've done enough.
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i didnt finish i was too full everything was ok i still pooped a little in the morning before i went the nurse said it was normal you should be good
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

where are you char??
    I'm checking in-between my bathroom runs.
    Just watched my family chow down their dinner :(
    Boy am I hungry.
    I had broth.
    Thank God this is only every 5 yrs~

will check again before 8-9 pm

6. tandy

tandy New Member

I think we were both typing at the same time. :)

Take care, and again,.. I apreciate it.
  7. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hi tandy

i had too do the same when i had a bowel obstruction. i had to take the dulcolax and miralax/gaterade. i chose the red and now i NEVER want gaterade again!!!!

i didn't get all of the 2nd bottle down. i was starting to throw up. and i (finally) was empty but is was reddish lt. brown up til the end.

it was awful!!!! i thought i would be easier than the other stuff i could have tried (2 bottles of that clear liquid in the green & white box). sorry i forgot the name of it. brain fog.

i think the other would have been easier even though the taste was bad. because by the end of all that gaterade it tasted just as bad and the other was little bottles.

good luck with your colonoscopy.

8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

awe tomarrow you can eat honey hope all goes well hugs charlene
  9. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i just read your profile i live in ny i use to bartend when i was early 20s for about 3 yr then i opened my own day care how funny
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2008]
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks so much for your help~

I'm all done for another 5 yrs!! Thank the good Lord!!

all those preps are thee worse. I did end up so sick/nauseated.
    But its all done & went well.

I've had IBS for yrs,... and today the gastro. said I have diverticula. sp????
    I'll have to look into that DX further when my brain comes back. I had demerol and versed for the colon test and I feel sooooooo loopy. (slight nausea too)

gonna go rest.
    Sending huge hugs for being there/here for me :)
  11. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im glad all went well and it is over and done with hugs charlene
  12. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Try to go until your you know what starts discharging clear water. I coudln't finish the entire bottle and they said it was okay. However, other people said that it is really important and the dr will get mad and will know
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

Even the gatorade was horrible after awhile~
    it was better than the old stuff by far,..but still, not my choice of beverage. LOL

I saw the left overs in the fridge last night and dumped it down the drain, all the while gagging to myself.
    just the sight of that drink makes me sick!

thanks/take care,
  14. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

glad you made it ok. i had to drink mine in april and i still can't stand the thought of gaterade.

oh well i am happy for you!! you don't have to think about it for 5 more years!