Fat and Still Cooking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Apr 26, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've been making fattening dishes lately that would have Richard Simmons screaming. I really need to work on getting down the pounds. It's bad. I went to the doc and got weighed last week and I was like OMG. I think I need to stick with salads for the summer. But I did make one last super fattening thing this week. I made my first batch of Baklava. There is a fat lady heaven. It came out so good. But I know I can't do that again. It took three sticks of melted butter, tons of honey and sugar and walnuts. It was just way too fattening.

Sometimes, I just don't care because I feel the disease took so much away from me that I want to at least enjoy something. But I'm not happy with how I look on my building's security cameras and I think getting the weight down might help the arthritis a bit.

Anyone else fat and still cooking?
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

The worst part of this disease for me is that I can't workout anymore. If I could workout, the pounds would come right down.

I'm going to try with more veggies all summer. Soups, too. I love to make homemade soups.

When we pigout on fattening stuff, we really are only hurting ourselves.

I used to use Richard Simmon's FoodMover. That seemed to work a bit. I might try one of his programs again. It's just so much of his programs stress the exercise.