Father in law passed and somehow I had energy to help out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jul 23, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

My father in law passed last week very suddenly. It was so weird b/c the week before I had my first vacation away since I became ill a year and a half ago. The vacation did not go so well. I barely slept and had no energy. I came home from the beach and then celebrated my 2 yr. anniversay with my husband. I was having a pretty good day and then the next day we learned that his father had past. It was a complete shock and some how I had so much energy I handled most of the arrangements, slept pretty good and was there for my husband and his family day and night. Everyone could not believe I was still standing and the weird thing is after 6 days of being out and about I still have some energy. I am waiting for the big crash but have yet to have it. This is also the week where I get my fevers but it did not slow me down much this week. I wanted to post this so that everyone can realize that when puch comes to shove we can really beat this and be there for those that need us. I am so thankful that God gave me the extra energy to help out!
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

My condolences to you and your husband, Jane32. It is so traumatic when a loved one passes so unexpectedly.

What you are talking about is an adrenaline rush! You will probably pay dearly for it, but the human body is made to rise to the occassion.

Then, with these dds, the crash comes.

Do take extra special care of you now, and give your husband my sincere sorrow that he has lost his father. May he remember the good things he has done with his life and his children.

They are kept with us by our memories.
    findmind
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

It is truley amazing when push comes to shove you can say get out of my way..Family will sure do it! I had this same experience last year when my father passed..

The crash will probably come and you will pay but satisfaction is that you did what you needed to do when it was needed.

Take special care and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Tami
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I feel as sick as I did when I first got sick a year and a half ago.

My sore throat is gone but the malaise and fatigue. I was really hoping after a year of being on meds at the ffc my body would be able to handle more...this totally sucks.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

So, sorry over the loss but I can so relate to what and how you did..

My mother passed away and the same thing happened to me..When they called me I was so sick in bed, but somehow found the strength to go thru the whole nine yards..I actually thought I was well..But it didn't last..

Then my brother-in-law was killed in a car accident and the same thing happened plus I had a lot of out of town guest..It was as if I was completely well but then too it didn't last..

My answer is God gave me the strength when he knew I needed it..Both times this happened I just knew I was well and would never be sick again but then afterwards had horrible flares..

Once again I know mine came from God..I am so glad you posted this..Cause I am sure it went thru my families mind that I wasn't really sick, as it did mine..

God Bless,
    greatgran
  6. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

suck. So sorry about your lose, and sorry you've crashed. I know what it's like. I've made it though times that I was amazed I got through, and then the Big C got me.

I just had my SSD the 10th of this month, and the whole month from the time I recieved my hearing notice until the actual hearing, I was so stressed with worry, because I needed to money so badly.

Well, I made it though the hearing in pretty good shape, and then 2 days later I crashed big time. I've spent most of my days since the hearing in bed or on the sofa resting and sleeping, but been some better yesterday and today.

I hope you'll just give into the fatigue and get lots of rest and sleep. For me that's the only way I can get better again.

Sending Lot of {{{{{HUGS}}}}
    Barb
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

So sorry for your loss!!!

This illness is mind boggling to try to figure out. I guess knowing how horrible it can get, we need to be grateful for when we are able to "rise to the occassion"

I hope you're able to take care of yourself so you come through this latest crash quicker than in the past.

Sorry you weren't able to enjoy your vacation.

The days of getting away seem so far in the past for me, I don't even remember what that was like. I do know that being sick, even while away, is still sick.

Anyway, rest up those tired adrenals!!

scapper
  8. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

prayers for you and your family