Fatigue after remaining still

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bioman85, Feb 17, 2006.

1. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Hi all,

Recently, whenever I sit or stand still for a half-hour or so, my fatigue really kicks in bad. However, if I get up and walk around for a moment and sit back down, the fatigue is lessened for a bit, and the cycle repeats again. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a reason why my physical movement lessens my fatigue? I'm interested in everyone's opinions.

Chris
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

This sounds like a possible hypo-thyroid problem. When you move around the body heats up and the metabolism kicks in and so you feel better, but when you are resting the body cools off because of a low thyroid. I'm not saying that's what you have but it's a classic symptom.

The problem is finding a doctor who really understands thyroid problems and can diagnose you. Usually they will just do a TSH test and tell you that you are fine if you fall in the reference range, but even in if you are in the range you can still have a thyroid problem. Read as much as you can on the internet about diagnosing for low thyroid. There are several important tests, TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and very importantly Reverse T3. Most doctors won't run all those tests and they'll just do the TSH. The best thing you can do is educate yourself as much as possible and then find a doctor who is willing to work with you on this...good luck.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Chris:
    I am up and down all day. When I get stiff I do some work and then get back to the heating pad. My doc has suggested that this is the best way to fight off fatigue.
    Just my two cents.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan