Fatigue is kicking my tush...OMG I cant stand it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

This is a real bad time of year for me to be "petering out" of energy! I can barely get thru 4 hours after I wake up...after that Im history. The worst is that at my new job I was handed over a very big responsibility because they are impressed with iwht me being so detail oriented and such. Im thrilled to have gotten the responsibility not to mention what it does for my confidence but OMG with the overtime I am putting in (which is only an extra two hours then normal which isnt a big deal to me)Im soooooooooooo tired and I cant seem to be able o concentrate from being so fatigued.
    Now add in all the things Im trying to get done before the Holiday starts and POW am I feleing it big time.
    Anyone out there having a hard time too?
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

That seems the hardest to overcome! I am not sure there is anything that can help you...but trying to get rest when you can. If you are working with a good doc..make sure you talk to him about it...there are some drugs available that may help.
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Do some reading on D-ribose, Nadh and and B-12. These have really helped me with fatigue. Also look up the Myhill protocol. I am doing this now and I am beginning to have more good days than bad. There is a white paper on this site about the protocol.

Before I started this protocol at times the fatigue would be overwhelming. You can do a search on this board for these things to get others input. Good luck.
  4. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Hes been doing extra adjustments on me which help dramatically but Im still tired. The BEST thing about being adjusted is that every time I start to get a cold, POOF I fight it off before it gets full blown so I am happpy about that. He doesnt believe in chemical drugs, which I dont either, so getting a prescription isnt a route for me. I need to find alternative therapies...time to go to the health food store I guess. Just wish I could perk up some. Im not eating well and Im not sleeping well...Im sure this has alot to do with it. The worst is that I KNOW FOR A FACT once all this Holiday rushing and stressing I will be left with a serious crash and burn come the cold months of January and Februart and it really scares me to death even anticipating it. Im sure alot of you can relate.

Thanks for your input. I know Im not alone...Im just really frustrated because its making me a GRINCH because Im crabby from being so tired. I actually didnt volunteer any holiday dinner this yr for the first time...I said the heck wiht it, let someone else entertain and feel the stress financially and physically LOL! I did Thanksgiving at least. ANyway, it truly is a first that Im not doing xmas eve or xmas day this year WHOOO HOOO and I dont feel ANY guilt for that either (THATS a first for me LOL).

HUGS all!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  5. OMG I am so with you on fatigue. I can't sleep more than 3 to 4 hrs. and am exhausted all day long I drag. Fortunately I don't work, I don't know how I could. All the things we women do holiday time its no wonder we are exhausted.
    Do b 12 supplements help, my dr. won't give me injections.
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I tried lots of things: TF, sublingual B12 "B Total", Colloidal silver, Olive Leaf...but I got more and more tired. Sleeping through lunch. I got laid off from my job and am surviving off unemployment.

My D.O. says that resting is important to recovering. Some days I can only work 2 hours on things around the house. Occasionally I can "push" an 8 hour day of home projects, then I pay for it the next day.

Family and friends have really helped me out a lot but I know its hard to hang in there.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Why don't you ask for prescription for Provigil. It really helps the fatigue. Also the vitamin drink called Emergen-C.