fatigue vs exercise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Nov 10, 2009.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

My wonderful husband bought me a spa. I learned water excersises for fibro at our local hospital and would like to use my spa 2 or 3 times a week. The problem is I'm tired most of the time anyway, and the spa is absolutely exhausting. I have to shower before I get in to wash off all creams, powders, and body oils. When I get out I have to shower again to was the chemicals off my skin. The spa does help with pain. Last time I was in I put each place I hurt in front of a jet that massaged it for a few minutes. No pain since, but I'm in the middle of a flair and so tired I can barely cook a meal. Should I force myself to use the spa or just rest?

Ginny B
  2. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Ginny, this is conundrum with our illnesses. What's good for one is bad for the other. That is likely one of the reasons we get stuck in the abyss.

You will have to decide which is more pressing, the fatigue or the pain.

Based on your description, the fatigue you are experiencing may be CFS. That means that you should not push yourself. In fact, you need to stop activity BEFORE you feel fatigue. Think of it like you have the flu. You need rest, fluids, help for immune system, etc.

But, mild exercise is good for the pain of fibromyalgia.

I know you just got the spa, but you might consider massages. They are good for fibromyalgia pain and good for the fatigue.

[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2009]