Fatigue with no Fibro Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lea5, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Lea5

Lea5 New Member

I've been having fatigue without the pain. This has been going on since last fall. I had surgery and other issues and they thought that was the cause. I'm now out on disability. I had all kinds of test and was just diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. Hard to believe it would cause this much fatigue. I usually only get fatigue with the pain. My cognitive skills are compromised. Sometimes I'm in one big fog. Sleepy always. Very difficult. The doctor said if the fatigue doesn't improve after my apnea gets treated, it's probably my fibro. Do people with CFS ever get a break and feel good? Does anyone with fibro usually get the fatigue without the pain?
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Allot of us have both CFS and FM and as nofool pointed out Myofacial Pain.

We don't all have duel diagnoses but we believe mostly that we have them.

I hope this helps.
    Dan

Sorry this is kind of scattered, some symptoms.

Muscular Pain
    Fatigue / Sleepiness
    Insomnia
    Joint Pains
    Headaches
    Restless Legs
    Numbness and Tingling / Swelling
    Impaired Memory
    Leg Cramps
    Impaired Concentration / Cognitive loss
    Nervousness
    Depression (Major Depression)

Cognitive: ability to comprehend and communicate with others
    Loss of balance
    Nausea
    Digestive problems
    Irritable Bowl Syndrome
    Slurred Speech
    Vision Problems

3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i'm like you- bad fatigue and usually no pain. i've been like this for a very long time. i also have mild sleep apnea but i couldn't tolerate the cpap mask. i have severe insomnia and with the mask it was worse. i get foggy sometimes too. well at least you are not alone! i am so thankful to not have the fibro pain!!!!!
    take care,
    bigmama2
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Lea,
    I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. That crushing, debilitating, fatigue is a bummer, isn't it?

I had CFIDS with moderate fatigue from 1968 to 1996. With no pain (just flu-like symptome). My Fibro pain didn't start until about 1996. I've had Fibro with acute fatigue, pain and weakness since then, on top of the CFIDS aches and other symptoms.

I don't think you can have Fibro without the pain, (unless the pain is in remission) because the definition of Fibro is "Pain in the connective tissues" (along with many other symptoms too). I think.

My cognitive skills got really bad for a while. I would get into the car, not know why, or where I was going, and not recognize my surroundings. That was really scary. I would just continue driving and, after a while,things would be O.K. again. I also got to a place where I couldn't balance my checkbook , speak Spanish, read a map, or a book. What helped me is acupuncture. Now I can do all those things, plus I'm attending lectures again and am able to take notes. Hooray!

For me, all of this is CFIDS, because the aches and accompanying brain fog and neurological symptoms all existed for many years, before I had any Fibro pain. My Fibro pain is very different than my CFIDS pain.

Good luck.
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2007]
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have fibro and sometimes will become fatigued and not have the pain. It mostly happens when the weather warms up and I am not struggling with pain. Last summer the fatigue was so bad that I had to quit work because I was a sales rep and traveled alot in my car. I could barely stay awake in the afternoon. Had no pain, just the drain! In the winter I suffer mostly from the pain but if I do too much on a "good day" then I pay the next with fatigue. There is no getting ahead. Rest when you can.