Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Feb 26, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Hi everyone!!

Any suggestions on how to handle the overwhelming fatigue? The past couple of weeks I went through a remission for some odd reason - had all this energy and thought I finally found relief and then - BAM - it was back again. I should know better, this happens every once in a while.

I'm so tired and exhausted, I'm crying. I can't move. My eyes feel like they are swollen shut I'm so tired.

I know almost all of you know what I'm talking about and I don't have any friends or family with this horrible disease - so, I'm coming here to this board. I hope to make many close friends here who I can talk to and who understand what I am going through.

BTW - Please don't overwhelm me with more expensive drugs, I'm a single mom who is barely making ends meet as it is.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2009]
  2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I'm sorry jaminhealth - I have FM, diagnosed almost 5 years ago. Where do you get grapeseed extract?

I was tested on all of my vitamins, etc, and I am not deficient in any, though in the beginning I was low in B12 and had to take shots.

I take Zanaflex for sleep....is melatonin a natural substance?

I'm 41. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and was just diagnosed with sleep apnea.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi Shari!
    Saying to get enough rest doesn't cut it with these illnesses - but it is certainly important. That good deep sleep that sometimes seems so elusive to us.
    One thing that has been recommended to be for energy is D-Ribose Powder.
    Dr. Oz and his other Dr. friend were on Good Morning America and mentioned it specifically for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

There is a thread on here (probably a few pages back) that I started inquiring about it - there are lots of posts.

I'm glad that you don't have any close to you who suffers from this cause I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but I hope that you have some people who are supportive!
    This is certainly a wonderful place to come to find people who know exactly what you're going through!!
  4. emmally

emmally New Member

is the only thing that helps me out of a flare and I could basically take any drug or supplement offered if I really wanted it....and I have found nothing but sleep and rest makes me feel better...I know it easier said than done especially with children...but that is my best advise..
  5. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Shari1677!

I know what you're going through right now. I call it "super-severe fatigue" to differentiate between that and normal "FM fatigue". I take pain medicine to get me through the work day and it doesn't help the "super-sever fatigue". To get rid of it, rest and quality sleep.

I take generic flexiril to help me cycle through the deep levels of sleep. I have had fewer bouts of super-severe fatigue since I started taking it.

I know a single mom can barely get any sleep, much less "quality sleep". I respect all single mom's. My mom had to "rob Peter to pay Paul" for many years. She did a great job raising us and we all have a great relationship with her even now. I don't have kids but I have so much respect for woman that do, especially mom's who are singe and fighting illnesses.

You will be in my thoughts.
  6. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

quality sleep is important
    some people with fibromyalgia find physical therapy helpful
    you can find a physical therapist who specializes in helping
    people with fibromyalgia
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2009]