Fatique & Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KDBBEV, Oct 31, 2008.

KDBBEV New Member

Lately I have been having peroids of extreme fatique.
    I can go a couple of weeks fine having energy and going doing what I need to do. Then I have a week of extreme fatique, so tired, no energy. Then I am ok the next week. I am beginning to see a pattern here. Is this normal for fibro. I have had it for like 10 years and have had little fatique with it, until the last 6 months. I do have to take major meds for the pain, but I have that under control. Please any help advise I would so appreciate.

2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

This has become the worst problem for me over the past couple of yrs and it has been getting increasingly worse. I rarely have days where I feel energetic, but every once in awhile I have an OK day. I also take daily pain meds (Norco) and wonder if that's causing the weakness and absolute exhaustion I feel. Who knows.

I know that the wk before my period is always a rough wk. After the first day of my period, I feel so much better. That's the only thing I know that definitely makes a difference.

I know how you feel, it's such a frustrating mystery dealing w the fatigue filled days. Two days ago I felt pretty good for some reason, then yesterday I was weak and today I was absolutely maxed out w weakness and fatigue. I have no idea why, I can't think of anything I've done differently from one day to the next. I can go for weeks where I barely get up and move at all due to the fatigue, it's a nightmare.

It seems for me that the fatigue part has progressively and majorly gotten worse. When first diagnosed w FM 10 yrs ago, I mostly just had aching pain all over. Then around 2 yrs ago my doc added CFS to my dx, so who knows what's happening.

I think most people here would agree that we flare and cycle thru some good vs. bad times. It's just a matter of trying to figure out when and why it's happening, life would be so much easier if you could predict how you'll feel tomorrow or next wk!!

Sorry I don't have any great insight other than the hormonal issue. I try to figure it out everyday with no luck! I am being tested for adrenal fatigue right now, I think that's a big part of my problem. You might want to do a search on that topic, lots of info here. Good luck.

xxxooo Hermit
  3. jole

jole Member

I am postmenopausal so don't contribute mine to hormones, but yes, I have the definite swings between total fatigue and days of feeling okay, other than the pain, which worsens with exertion.

On my worst fatigue days I do nothing but go from the bed to the recliner, some days not even able to shower. It's a horrible weakness that doesn't all for any energy at all. I can some days sleep for a good 14 hours...and sometimes a nap besides!

Then, as you say, after about a week I swing the other way....more energy, but unable to sleep much at all...maybe a couple hours a night...which is why I'm typing this at 3 am. When I don't feel like I can go on another day without sleep, the cycle will suddenly swing.

My psych thought I was bipolar, depression only, and put me on Lamical. Well, I honestly don't think that's it because the cycling has not stopped and I have been on the med now for approx 9 months. I have talked to her about stopping it, but she doesn't want to.

I feel sorry for you.....this is definitely no fun, but I think you will find out it is fairly common for us with FM.

Best of luck to you***Jole***
  4. akandmk

akandmk New Member

That i too can go a little bit without the fatigue and then it hits me out of nowhere. Normally it gets really bad after i do too much and i've noticed that with the cold and wetness of fall that it is getting worse.
  5. Ovrwhelmd

Ovrwhelmd New Member

When it First hits do you Feel Like you have Been Drugged ?? That is the way It makes me feel...I can be going along just Peachy...then Wham...Like someone has Drugged me...seems to Cycle thru me...lasts several days...then I perk back up again...and it can hit anywhere, anytime...I Keep a Journal...but I see no pattern with it...like food or activity does not seem to bring it on...

I Hope you get some Answers...I will keep an eye on this Post !!

KDBBEV New Member

That is exactly like i feel, like I am drugged and totally drained..

Thanks for all you guys I love you all .
  7. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

I can not tell you when the last time I had energy was....... :(
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

At about 1:30 this afternoon I had a major crash after I finally took a shower. I'm still lying in bed and if I get up, I'm shaky and so weak. I'm walking like I'm drunk or something!

Shalome, I am in the same boat. My dr recently gave me an rx for Dexedrine ER and it helps a little sometimes. It keeps my mind clearer and helps me get up and move, but I'm still so weak. I'm so sick of feeling like all the blood has been drained from my body!
  9. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I started with FM years ago and had light fatigue but basically muscle pain and achiness. In the last two years it I have experienced a steady increase in fatigue and weakness and now feel that is more of a problem than pain.

I'm wondering if the FM can progress into CFS, now I think I have both.

I know Dr. Pellegrino stages different phases of FM, and in one of the later stages you can start to pick up other illnesses, one of them was CFS.