Fatique is overwhelming; Anemic and cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy1, May 15, 2003.

1. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Things have really changed. Last week I got a fever and went in to my oncologist, they drew blood for a cbc and two cultures, nothing grew.Put me on cipro and augmentin,wow my poor stomach! Then they gave me a shot of Alanesp 200mg, "to build up my blood's wbc, well this fatique got so bad yesterday called oncology nurse, she said my speach sounded slured, and I told her I was back bumping into walls.,and my right hand got needles and pins then cramped into a twisted mess that hurt so bad my daughter had to massage it out. She said I could be having a stroke. SOOO off to the ER for 4 hours another CBC, Chest xray, and MRI,of my brain. All was negative except for my low blood counts.They offered a transfusion, I declined. I thought I knew fatique from CFS but this is so bad I can't even read a magazin, my eyes just keep closing.I go for my 4th cycle ,of chemo ,on Monday. I'm really scared they may start talking bone marrow harvest or transplant. any one have a sure fire way to build up your blood? Need to nap ,I'm exhausted. God Bless Sandy
  2. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Sandy,
    I can't offer help in that area but I read your post and wanted to let you know I prayed for you and will continue to do so. This dd is so awful! I hate it Your mind wants to do things and your body won't allow it!! Sorry to hear how sick you are right now. Keep me posted on whats going on.

Many hugs
    Barb
  3. Jinx69

Jinx69 New Member

Hi! I've had cancer, also. What type do you have? My story is on the cancer forum, if you'd like to read it.

Have your oncology team mentioned to you that certain chemos can cause peripheral neuropathy?...severe pain, burning, and numbness in the nerves? That might have caused the needles and pins in your hands. I've had PN for about over a year after my chemo ended.

Is your iron okay? I used supplemental oral iron throughout chemo, because I was anemic to begin with. Perhaps a transfusion would make you feel alot better.

Please let me know how you are doing. I'm here if you want to correspond with me.

It's very hard, and yes, the fatigue is very intense....when I found out that I had iron deficiency anemia, it was a fatigue much worse than the CFS.

Deep peace,
    Jinx