Fave Sport teams???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Nov 6, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

The movie post from yesterday inspired me.

As a born and bred NYer, I'm a Yankees fan til my dying breath. (No bad blood soxfan...heehee). I love being part of such a heated rivalry. I'll take any light-hearted heckling anyone wants to dish out ;)

Also a huge NY Giants fan...and they happen to be winning right now. I live in Washington, but really don't like the Redskins, so glad my Giants killed them last week.

Anyone else a big sports fan????
  2. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Couldn't resist answering this light-hearted post...and bumping it. I'm a Lakers' fan myself :)
  3. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I love my broncos!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Love the Lakers. Ought to be interesting with Kobie and the coach back together this year. When is football over!

Sue
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mine are the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, I know Miami lost today. They just didn't play that well. :(

I'm not much into baseball or basketball, though.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Carrie,

Of course ice skating counts! I used to train quite rigorously as a child. My mom actually qualified for nationals once back in the 60s. The training is brutal compared to something like baseball or golf ;).

-GoAskAlice
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

I LOVE the New York Mets!!! I've been a fan since I was a baby. I remember falling asleep on my brother's lap at a game when I was 7 or 8. My Grandmother used to spend every bar-b-Que inside watching the game! We've got generations of Mets fans! And last year I had the thrill of my life when I met Mike Piazza at a party!!! I got a picture taken with him, it was great! My Grandmother would have been so excited if she had lived to see it. She used to say very ungrandma like things about him.
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

9. libra55

libra55 New Member

Boston Red Sox (in spite of it all) and New England Patriots. I use to be really into hockey (Boston Bruins) but not so much any more.

Michelle
  10. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

The Colts are going to play the Patriots tonight on Monday Night Football. I guess when I am not rooting for the Colts I am rooting for the Patriots. My husbnd used to coach one of the offensive linemen on the Patriots. # 76 Gorin. He is in the commercials with Brady.

Jodi
  11. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Though good & bad:)

Kelly
  12. twerp

twerp New Member

(Even if they did lose last night...)

Hugs,
    Twerp
  13. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Love the Brewers (and the Oakland A's),

And of course, another Packers fan! Now my husband is trying to get me into college sports since we live in Madison, WI (Go Badgers!).

Sports is my relief, I'm always watching sports. Big on them since I was a kid. Most anything. I miss not being able to go to games anymore.
  14. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I am a huge NHL fan, my team is the Los Angeles Kings. Hockey players are the nicest guys. So friendly! They share a practice facility with the Lakers. Good luck getting a Laker to even look at you, more like try to avoid having them run you over in the parking lot. The hockey players talk to you, sign autographs, and are just down to earth!

The rest of the year I follow the New York Mets. I have never been to New York, I am a 4th generation Californian, but am in love with the Mets! Drives my husband (Dodger fan) crazy!
  15. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Why, the Boston Red Sox, of course!!

We just lost our great general manager last week, so I'm still wearing a black arm band :(

I loved the movie "Fever Pitch", because it really captured the feelings of a true Red Sox fan.

It's ok, goaska29. I love the rivalry, too. And I HATE the "Yankees S**K" chant. (I think it's really tacky.)

- sox
  16. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...though we fans don't exactly have a lot to celebrate right now!

Pam
  17. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Yea, we can't use "1918" anymore either. Last year was truly incredible, as devoted as I am, if they beat my Yanks for the penant, they deserved to win the series.

I saw Fever Pitch with my boyfriend (a die-hard sox fan) and actually thought it was cute. But...you knew Jimmy Fallon was born in Brooklyn right...heehee ;)

GoAskAlice