Favorite Bumper Sticker Sayings and Make up your own

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hello Fellow Friends & Humorists,

As a way of getting my mind off of not feeling well, let's play a game!

What are your favorite bumper stickers sayings?

If you could make up your own bumper stickers sayings, what would they say? (Irreverent, silly & sarcastic sayings are welcome)

What bumper sticker sums you up? (Not sure I have an answer for this one, but if you do, fire away!)

I shall ponder and answer these extremely important questions in a separate post....

Thanks for playing "Erika's Bumper Sticker Game". Ok, it's not really a game, but it's fun, right? ;-)

2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I was in a jury pool a few years ago where they had us fill out a questionaire. One of the questions was "Do you have any bumper stickers on your car, what do they say?"

I was called into the court room to clarify some of my answers and as I left the witness chair one of the lawyers said "congratulations on your dog."

Took a minute, then I realized, my bumper sticker says "My Dog is an Honor Student at Manning Dog Training!"

My "honor student" can lick your honor student! Literally!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

With that bumper sticker, Greenbean, the plaintiff attorney would not want you on the jury in a dog bite case.

I've never seen that bumper sticker, Patti. You sure it wasn't a hallucination?

Here's one I found in a thriller I'm reading: Seen one shopping center, seen a mall.

And here's one that's a quote from a celebrity: I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon, but I want to stay alive.

Know who said that?

I guess it might be a little long for a bumper sticker. It was said by Madonna aka Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie.

And here's one I made up: These days, my other car is a bicycle.

4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Y'all are so funny!!

Greenbean, that's really interesting that a jury pool questionnaire had a question about bumper stickers. I guess it provides subtle (or not so subtle) information about people.

Hangininthere, your bumper sticker would DEFINITELY get you out of jury duty. I'm going to have to remember that one!

Rock, what book are your reading? I don't think of thrillers as having clever shopping mall puns. Very funny.

That's kind of an unusual quote by Madonna too, but she's certainly unique. We listened to more Madonna songs in high school. Edited: Ooops! I meant to say that we listened to more Madonna songs in high school than I could possibly remember!! It was a constant Madonna-fest. Maybe she needs to listen to the Bee Gees for support (Stayin' Alive).

Rock, the bumper sticker you made up, "These days my other car is a bicycle" reminds me of a song. You live in LA right? I don't know if by chance if you'd heard this silly song that have the lyrics: "Walkin' in LA. Nobody walks in LA". I don't even know the artist that sings it. I'm thinking she needs to do a followup song now with the lyrics: "Walkin' in LA. Forget about my 1st song because now LOTS of people are walkin' in LA."

Thanks for the great responses everyone!

[This Message was Edited on 06/03/2008]
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

1. "If you don't like my driving, get off the sidewalk."

2. "Beef: Because the West wasn't won on salad."

I would be thrilled if someone sold a good bumper sticker to address the folks who drive and talk on cell phones and are oblivious to everyone around them. I've had more near misses with these people who are more focused with talking than driving. Maybe something as simple as "Shut up and drive" would do it? ;-)
  6. Toga

Toga Member

I've given up drinking, smoking, and sex.

(Then in real tiny print...)
    It was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

7. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

in high school my friend and I ordered custom bumperstickers from a company on the internet. Black background and Bold white lettering that read BUMPERSTICKER.

My kinda slapstick humor :)
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Erika i sooooooo agree with the "Shut up and Drive one!!"

I would buy that one!!
    One of the funniest ones i saw, was a Arab breeder that had a bumperstick that read;

Quarterhorse, the other white meat!! LOL

Okay, guess you have to be a horse person, i got one from them and gave it to my Father who's a die hard quarterhorse breed. If it ain't a foundation Q-horse it isn't even a horse to him, so some family humor mixed in there.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

I don't have a driver's license.

(They took it away.)

Blessings ,

10. sisland

sisland New Member

Bumper sticker i've seen is "If you can Read This your driving to Close to Me",,,,,,,and then the Yosemite Sam one where he's Standing there with both pistols drawn saying "Back Off!" Also seen on Mud flaps,,,,,,,,Fun Thread Erika!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  11. Catseye

Catseye Member

That song was by Missing Persons. I love their song Destination Unknown.

As for bumper stickers . . .

How about one that looks like a handicap tag? Think it would fool anybody? Maybe not a police officer, but anyone who saw you in a handicap spot since everybody seems to have a problem with minding their own business these days. Put a permit # on there and make it blue and official-looking. If you're in and out pretty quick, you could probably get away with it!
  12. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for responding to my post! I can't tell you how much humor helps when you don't feel good. You all are cracking me up!!

I wanted to respond to each of you individually because you all had such witty and clever replies, but I'm really out of it right now. Gotta get in some more nap time.

Thanks everyone so much again! Wishing you all a happy/healthy day.

Hugs and smiles,

13. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Rock, sorry, but I've seen 'My other car is a bicycle' on lots of cars over the years - it appears every time there is an oil/gas crisis. Though who knows, it has probably been around in Europe even longer - they have been paying over $5 a gallon for gas for 20+ years, if not longer.

A few of my favorites:

Better to be alone than to want to be

If a tree falls in the woods, do the bushes laugh?

I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger and then it hit me.

It’s better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life

Conserve water, drink Margaritas

I like cats. I just can’t eat a whole one by myself.

14. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Visualize whirled peas

I read a great one today but I can't remember it - sound familiar anyone? I'll look for it tomorrow in the school parking lot and report back ;-)

15. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My other cars a piece of crap, too!

I put one on my office manager's Volvo (we, as you will tell, didn't get along!):

My other cars a broom!

It was there a couple weeks before she noticed!

I've seen "Hang up and drive" a lot lately.

And one of my all time favs: "In case of Rapture this car will be unmanned."

BILLCAMO New Member

laugh when I saw this one :

My boss sees the sun through his teeth. ;>)

I've had bosses like that.....

Blessings ,

17. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

for your great responses. I remember seeing the "visualize whirled peas" bumper sticker. That one just cracks me up. So many hilarious bumper stickers out there! Thank you all for making me laugh and your great posts!

Have a great day all.

Warm hugs,

18. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

A few years ago, there were tons of "Visualize world peace" bumper stickers out there, so the witty and irreverent folks put up "visualize whirled peas" bumper stickers on their cars. Pretty goofy, eh?

I'm not exactly sure what seeing the sun through the teeth means either to be honest! Bill, help us out! :)
  19. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Thanks for letting me know about this thread. They are too funny. I think the funniest bumper stickers I've ever seen were on a car that the new owner painted the most horrid bright shade of lemon color. The bumper stickers stated, "I bought this lemon at _________"(name of dealership located in the same town).

Needless to say, the dealership took back the car after several weeks of the man driving this car all over town.

BILLCAMO New Member

CFIDS and Fibro ain't for sissies !

Jorgie , here's one close to the one you like that I've seen.....BUMPERSNICKER.

As far as the boss one.....in a way it's not nice and I hope it offends no one.....but....

Have you ever had a boss who had his head up where the sun don't shine........... way too far ?

Blessings ,