Favorite costumes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hermitlady, Oct 29, 2010.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Happy Halloween weekend!!!

Are you getting your costumes ready? I love seeing everyone all dressed up, it's so fun.

I have a Snow White in residence here, complete w a blue bird on her shoulder!

Do you have any good costumes at your house? What have been some of your favorites you've seen over the years?

One year, a guy dressed up as a Christmas tree, in green w tiny twinkling lights wrapped around him. He stood next to the wall and plugged himself in, it was great!
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

my daughter was so excited the first year of college when Halloween came around because
    we never celebrate it here. She never goes all out to buy special costumes tho. Rummages about in her wardrobe and adds accessories. The first year she wore a short black dress, left her hair loose, plonked a black witches hat on her head and went as a teen witch.

The year after that she wore a short layered dress put on some jangly earrings did her hair
    up with a big satin bow and went as 'a eighties prom queen'.

I dont know this year. Some of her friends are going as 'The seven deadly sins'. Nice idea
    i thought. How they execute it i dont know.

God Bless
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

great idea re the 7 deadly sins... wish we could see a photo of them!

When I was 5, the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a witch costume for halloween. My aunt bought a really neat mask, complete with hat & "dress"... and I won 1st prize in our town's costume contest. Here I was, a nasty looking tiny witch with platinum blonde hair LOLOL... who spent her prize $$ at the toy store buying a sewing machine for kids!

You HAVE to see these to believe them! These are pg ladies who replied to a contest by a magazine. The first ones are really spectacular...

(Anyone PG or know anyone who is? You/she still have a chance to show off tonight... somewhere...LOL)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think I'll go as a fat old woman who has been sick :)

Happy Halloween, everybody.

Love, Mikie
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I spoke to my sister today, she went to her friend's annual HW party last night. It had a theme, you were supposed to dress up as a SONG. Cute idea, but kinda hard.

Kim went as "Back On the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders. She wore some red coveralls and hat, with a plastic chain around her waist. She said she wasn't feeling very creative this year.

The best costume she saw was "Girlfriend In A Coma" by The Smiths...a guy came w a blow up doll on a stretcher! Funny. She said a lot of the costumes were too hard to figure out tho. I told her she could have dressed like a hooker and gone as "Roxanne" by The Police.:)