favorite pillow for helping w/neck and/or back pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dicey, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Dicey

Dicey New Member

Hello everyone:

I want to buy a new pillow to hopefully help alleviate some of my neck/back pain, and someone recommended this brand of cervical traction pillow I was looking at: very expensive! Before I went ahead and bought one, I just wanted to see if anyone had a type they could recommend that worked well for them? Not necessarily a cervical traction one, just whatever has worked for you...

thanks for any recommendations!
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I like down-alternative pillows that you can squish into the right shape to fit under your neck and it stays in the shape you put it. I got mine at JC Penney.
  3. lea

lea Member

like my memory foam pillow the type that look like a regular pillow. They make some in layers that I do not like.

You should be able to find those at KOHLS.

Good luck
    best,
    lil
    [This Message was Edited on 01/21/2009]
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

I use Martha stuart puff ball pillow from Kmart It is a little big when you first get it but it does flatten out and you can mold it to your neck. It is also very cheap
  5. Dicey

Dicey New Member

thanks for your answers!
    good ideas!
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I like these U shaped pillows that people use on airplaines etc... Mine are stuffed with microbeads and i put the pillow sideways under my head on top of regular pillows so that my head goes a bit into the hole and my neck is supported underneath by the bottom of the sideways U.

I also sleep on these. I sleep on my side and my ear goes in the hole part since my ears feel burn in pain a lot if I sleep on them. I'm bummed that I can't find these particular ones that I've gotten in the past anymore. These ones are softer than most. I bought 'em at Bed Bath and Beyond.

tee