Favorite Thanksgiving Dessert?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

wondering what everyones Favorite Dessert is? Pumpkin Pie is an all time favorite,,,,

This year the kids ask for Pumpkin Cheese cake and Peanutbutter pie .......and of course apple pie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats what i'm doing today! Tommorow is Travel Yea!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I forgot about Sweet potato Pie! My Gram used to make that! Yummm is right!
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I got this one out of my World Class Cuisine cookbook:

Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Sauce

It's awesome, blows away any pies and cakes. Its looks are deceiving. It looks like a blah sort of cake until you spoon the sauce on it and put it in your mouth. It was my favorite from the first taste and I haven't found anything that beats it yet.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Omg! Sounds Good! I love toffee anything! Vanilla sauce sounds great! I know the Gourmet chefs have Desserts that would blow us away!,,,,,And usually they have sauces on them,,,,,,
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

which seems to be something people either love or hate...

I could be swayed by chocolate/pecan pie tho...

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Lindy ,,,,So Sorry to hear of your Uncle Passing! what a heartbreak,,,,,,your husband will be home soon!

Ohhhh,,,,Peacan pie,,,,Blackberry,,,,,apple cobbler and pumpkin,,,,,sounds great to Me!,,,,I will save you some pie for you and Mom and Kids!,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis

Victoria~~you and my Dad love the same kind of pie! Mincemeat? right? And chocolate anything will do,,,,,I Agree!
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

how about a recipe?
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats neat how you 2 are teamed up on the healthy ingredients! I should be doing that too ,,,,,although i always buy lowfat creamcheese and whip topping and the kids will never know! Ha!,,,,,,,,Happy Thansgiving to my Favorite Twins!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis,,,,,,,Yea for Pumpkin Pie,,,,
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Like Molly said, I make a pumpkin pie that is more healthful and still tastes good!! The fat is still there, just removed the sugar!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you sisland!!Travel safe!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

10. Catseye

Catseye Member

deliarose, the reason I didn't put the recipe with the post was because it's full of stuff that's bad!

But, heck, here it is, it's just too good to keep secret. It's simple and can be made pretty quick besides baking time. You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen besides the dates.

Nobody will be able to guess what's in it, so place bets when you serve it:

1 cup water
    1 cup chopped dates
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup flour
    1/2 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup dark brown sugar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 325. Bring the water and dates to boil in a saucepan. As soon as they boil, remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Leave to cool slightly.

pudding: In large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, gradually add in eggs, fold in flour and stir in dates with their liquid, add vanilla. Put in 8x11 pan and bake 45 minutes or until browned and firm. Let cool.

For the sauce, put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 3 minutes. I like to serve it while the pudding (it's more like cake but they call it that) is still warm. Just spoon some sauce over a slice and serve. It is absolutely fabulous!

Also, the sauce is what makes it. You know what else is great with this sauce? Croissants. Just use it as a dipping sauce and keep dipping your croissant in it as you eat it. It's no wonder I have a nutritional deficiency type disease! This sauce will make everything taste good, even some nasty MIL's nasty turkey or meatloaf - just smother it with the sauce! Okay, maybe not a meat dish, but it will go good with any type of plain bread or cake, you'll see when you taste it. I always had plenty of sauce left over for other things when it was gone and it was always gone pretty darn quick.

May the force be with you!

11. pumpkin pie of course , is there anything else?
  12. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Let me see, I baked a lemon pie, coconut cream pie, banana pudding from scratch, strawberry nut salad and a fresh strawberry cake.

Given options I almost said my strawberry cake but "WAIT!, my neices hubby brought in his award winning pecan pie and I am sitting here with my 2nd piece.

So at his moment it's pecan pie. LOL

13. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I make the best pecan pie--someday I'm going to enter it in the fair.
  14. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

And I just stated that I don't even miss sugar. I lied, I lied, I lied! I just read this thread and they all sound delicious! What I'd give for some Sticky Toffee Pudding :) Are there any leftovera?? Hugs, doloresf1
  15. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I juat ate a King Size Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar. And I Enjoyed it.

Now back to my sugar-free diet :)

Love, doloresf1
  16. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Pumpkin pie made with half white sugar and half brown sugar. I sometimes add a little molasses to it too. I use the sugar blend, so it isn't 100% sugar.

Pumpkin cheesecake

Apple pie made with 3/4 apples and 1/4 mincemeat. OMG is that good!

Now I'm hungry!!!!!!!
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

All for the responces! I have a new favorite it's Peanutbutter pie topped with ground up chocolate bars and whip cream!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pumpkin,,,Apple,,,,Pecan,,,,Toffee pudding with Vanilla cream sauce sounds wonderful,,as does all the other ones mentioned!