Favorite Thanksgiving food

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

What is your #1 Thanksgiving food??? Just pick one!

Honeybaked Ham- I am not a turkey girl but I love Honey baked Ham!
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

ACTUALLY I LIKE EVERYTHING ..LOL BLACK FORREST HAM ..THATS GREAT..............
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I love it - and the leftovers! I could eat turkey leftovers for weeks (if they didn't go bad).

Kelly
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I love stuffing cooked inside the turkey...so, so good. This year my husband and I are cooking the turkey at my parents' house to take to my brother's house so I get to make the stuffing the way I like it. I'm so excited.

You can have the potatoes, etc. but give me dark meat turkey and stuffing with gravey and I'm a happy camper.

(-:

Makes me hungry!

Sue
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Turkey is my favorite - I can't count my MIL's sticky buns, because those aren't just Thanksgiving food. She makes them for every family occasion. Pure Vermont maple syrup and pecans...yummy, I can taste them already (I know, sugar is bad for you, but one day won't kill me!)
  6. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

I make these every year! They are a recipe handed down from my German grandmother who, throughout my childhood, hosted the family Thanksgiving dinner at her old farmhouse ! This has always been my favorite!

The ingredients stuffed in the mushroom caps are: chopped up mushroom stems, garlic, melted butter, parsley & pecans...YUM! You pour cream over the stuffed mushrooms, bake & ....I'm salivating just thinking about them!

I enjoy the other parts of the meal too, but the mushrooms are the highlight of the Thanksgiving meal for me! (Rated higher than the big bird or pumpkin pie!) Hope everyone enjoys their favorites on Thursday!

Love,
    Annie
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I really love cold turkey on sandwiches the next day, but I guess I'd have to say my favorite would be the stuffing.

I can't eat the cranberry sauce, because I have diabetes. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make the sugar free kind, but I'm the only one who will eat it. lol

My hubby fixes a mean turkey and I like it very well done. I like the white meat only, but my kids like the dark and hubby is a white meat eater too.

I think we have 3 turkey's in the freezer right now. lol

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Love turkey....

but if I had to choice, I guess I would go with Stuffing!!

Love it all to be honest though..lol

Hugs
    Bluerose
  9. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I ONLY MAKE IT TWICE A YEAR SO ITS SO GOOD.
  10. jake123

jake123 New Member

and I have to agree, I love the stuffing!

and I love cranberries. And the pecan pie and pumpkin pie with loads of whipped heavy cream - my daughter always whips it - she is a purist as taught by me. Now I would just use Cool Whip but she is enjoying her gourmet years, who am I to deny her that!
    Sorry I just couldn't pick one!
  11. mahx

mahx New Member

i'm gonna have to go with cranberries and pumpkinn pie---although i don't discriminate---i overeat on everything!!!!
  12. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

We heard the recipe on NPR years ago (Susan Stamberg shared it with listeners). It sounds bizarre but tastes delicious. You can still get it online if you do a search.

Jan
  13. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

I love it. I just hope I am able to eat by then. If not I will just gain several pounds by smelling all of those wonderful smells.
  14. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

and Sweet Potato Casserole.............and fruit salad......
  15. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

and Sweet Potato Casserole.............and fruit salad......
  16. cred

cred New Member

The day after .... a turkey sandwich! YUM!!! My second favorite is turkey & dressing covered in gravy.
    Maybe this year I can actually eat and enjoy. Last year a major flare shut down my eating on Thanksgiving!
  17. maripat

maripat New Member

with giblets and cranberry sauce mixed in.
    ooh getting hungary here.
    maripat
  18. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

You're making my mouth water just thinking about it!

My favorites are mashed potatoes and stuffing!

Plus pumpkin pie!

Oh, and then there's cranberry sauce!

The list could go on and on!

Happy Turkey Day!

Patsy
  19. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I always fix my MIL's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. I never liked pumpkin pie before tasting this one. It's light and delicious. Plus, I've cut down the sugar and its even better --- not so sweet!

Sandy
  20. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I love green bean cassarole with piles of crispy onions.

And I have a turkey quirk that everyone makes fun of but always accomodates-- I will only eat the turkey on a sandwich, no matter what. It has to be cheap white bread with lots of mayo and salt and iceburg lettuce.

It's sweet-- for the last few years, whoever is cooking Thanksgiving dinner makes sure they have my sandwich ingredients.