FBI tries ordering pizza LOL HYSTERICAL

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Aug 18, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I hadn't heard this story before... and it's true according to Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp), altho the conversation was reconstructed from the memories of several of the agents, not recorded:

FBI agents conducted a raid of a psychiatric hospital in San Diego that was under investigation for medical insurance fraud. After hours of reviewing thousands of medical records, the dozens of agents had worked up quite an appetite. The agent in charge of the investigation called a nearby pizza parlor with delivery service to order a quick dinner for his colleagues.

The following telephone conversation (was reconstructed by agents, not taped as originally reported.)

Agent: Hello. I would like to order 19 large pizzas and 67 cans of

Pizza Man: And where would you like them delivered?

Agent: We're over at the psychiatric hospital.

Pizza Man: The psychiatric hospital?

Agent: That's right. I'm an FBI agent.

Pizza Man: You're an FBI agent?

Agent: That's correct. Just about everybody here is.

Pizza Man: And you're at the psychiatric hospital?

Agent: That's correct. And make sure you don't go through the front doors. We have them locked. You will have to go around to the back to the service entrance to deliver the pizzas.

Pizza Man: And you say you're all FBI agents?

Agent: That's right. How soon can you have them here?

Pizza Man: And everyone at the psychiatric hospital is an FBI agent?

Agent: That's right. We've been here all day and we're starving.

Pizza Man: How are you going to pay for all of this?

Agent: I have my checkbook right here.

Pizza Man: And you're all FBI agents?

Agent: That's right. Everyone here is an FBI agent. Can you
    remember to bring the pizzas and sodas to the service entrance in the rear? We have the front doors locked.

Pizza Man: I don't think so.

2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Killing myself laughing!

Tooo funny!
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

OMG, tears are streaming down my cheeks, this is sooo funny! I can't stop laughing!
  4. Steroidman

Steroidman New Member

thanks for the laugh

5. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Here i was researching lyme feeling down and then i stumbled onto your post! It made me laugh out loud! What a relief!!!!!!

6. victoria

victoria New Member

I couldn't believe it either... I was laughing out loud, woke my husband up from his nap LOL...

They DID finally get their pizzas, by the way, but they had to go pick them up!

7. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

They weren't going to release my mother from the hospital because she told the truth. It took my brother, a doctor, to convince the doctor to release her, and explain that, yes, what my mother said was all true.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

it's a good thing it didn't happen "in reverse" and they didn't put your brother in too!

Well, truth is that fact is usually stranger/funnier/etc than fiction, that's for sure!!!!

9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Probably wasn't close about putting brother away because he has a sort of believable quality, etc.
    And their stories matched.

However, if I'd been the one there, then certainly a good chance that, yes, I would have been put away for a "rest".

(Guess there is a diagnosis of "folie a deux" wherein two people are crazy and support each other in their mutual delusions.)

I suppose then my older brother would have come and rescued my mother and me again.

[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2007]