FCC opening in Waltham MA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Apr 28, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Just wanted to let everyone from New England to know.

Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center of Boston
    Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center of Boston
    307 Waverley Oaks Rd
    Waltham, MA 02452
    Toll-free: 1-866-443-4276
    Phone: 781-398-1880
    Fax: 781-398-1890

Center hours
    Monday-Thursday 8:00am-6:00pm

View a map for this location
    Google Maps • Yahoo! Maps

Get directions to this location
    Yahoo! Maps
    Meet your doctors
    Dr. Erica Bial
    Dr. Erica Bial earned her Bachelors degree in Biology and her Masters in Occupational and Environmental Health at Tufts University in 1997. After receiving her Doctorate at Boston University School of Medicine in 2002, she completed an internship and residency at Harvard University in Internal Medicine. During this time, she also garnered experience at Harvard’s Beth Israel-Deaconess Medical Center as an Anesthesiology resident and the University of California, Los Angeles/Helms Medical Institute where she earned her Certificate in Medical Acupuncture.

Dr. Bial continues to be involved in various research and publication projects, including her current role as primary researcher and author of a pain management guide for medical house officers. In addition, Dr. Bial is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, and has received the Physician’s Recognition Award with Distinction from the American Medical Association. Her extensive training and passion confirm her as the right choice for the Boston Center, opening in May of 2006.

Sue
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Sue, on our news in Rhode Island last night, channel 10, there was a segment on fibromyalgia.

The reportor interviewed Dr. Rafal who heads the Fibro Supoprt at the Rehabilitation Center of Rhode Island. He has been gaining respect in treating FMS patients, however, the two patients I have talked to, did not continue their treatment. One said the drive was too long, and the other, she did not give me a clear, concise answer.

However, one of the things mentioned last night in his bag of tricks he had naturopatics including "acupuncture."

Also, he uses water therapy, this is what I am involved in doing, first helping myself, then becoming certified as an instructor to help others.

It caught my eye that Dr. Bial is an acupunturist.

Are you considering going?

I wonder if FFC Centers vary across the country. Overall, from what I read here on the board (I don't get on a lot)I am not impressed with the Centers.

It might be that just the dissatisfied posters post more often, or I just HAPPEN to read those posts.

Thanks for the info.
    June

[This Message was Edited on 04/29/2006]
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

oh well

lucky you guys over there

jodie
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i'm in western mass but boston is just an hour and a half away. hey, if i can go with a friend last spring for a day in boston and bob dylan, i surely best check this out.

am saving it in my favorites for now. my hips/pelvic area have been the latest concerns...something new.

i'm excited to learn about this new facility cuz it just gives one not only more hope, but it sends a message out to those who don't believe fm/cfs exists as well.

thanks again.
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Yes he does the aqua therapy.I could not continue it.I broke out in this awful rash.I have scares from it.I stopped and went back to make sure and sure enough its something in the water got another rash .This time worst.

Also he has a counselor that sees patients once a week.First of all she was an hour late for mine.I was in so much pain from waiting so long.

Than during our talk she asked me to close my eyes and than asked if I saw the light???What light my eyes were closed.Than she touched me to release my electrical charge.

I had no idea what she was doing but it made me very uneasy.I did not like it.

She also gave me a very hard time about writing a letter to my LTD to explain my depression.

I don't know it was all very strange.And I still don't see the light with my eyes closed.

I am going to try the one in MA.I am calling on Monday to see when the tour is.

Sue