FDA approves time released Hydrocodone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by hermitlady, Oct 25, 2013.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

2. spacee

spacee Member

Good news! Hope it isn't too expensive !
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Even tho that's good news, now the government wants to have those taking hydrocodone (and probably soon other pain meds) to have to renew their meds every three months. Your doc can no longer call in the prescription, you have to go in and get a written prescription. Oh thanks gov. that's really affordable for me! Not passed yet but expected to be soon.

kbak
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

I take oxycodone and have to go to the doctor every month to get that filled. It cannot be called in either. A month goes by in a blink!
    It's a shame that those who abuse these sort of drugs cause those of us who truly need them to have to jump through hoops to get them.
    It also causes lots more paperwork and scrutiny for our doctors who prescribe pain meds for us. More and more doctors are just saying no to prescribing pain medications. That is disheartening to patients who are in deep pain, making getting relief a harder road.
  5. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Michele, do you need to pay for an O.V. every time you go in? That is awful...My MD gives me 90 tabs of Hydrocodone and I take 1/2 tab usually 3 times per day, spread out...I do take 2 advil in the AM and 2 before bed... and Pain RX once during the afternoon. I never took opiates before this darn hip replacement, really messed me up good.

I notice now some nights during the early hours I think I get a flair, I believe all from my shoulder messes, and at that time I take a Pain and Injury Relief homeopathic I keep at nightstand....seems to do the trick on relieving that horrid pain. This particular tab can be taken every 30 minutes, up to 12 per day. I like the product...

I don't know oxycodone, my guess it does not have the tylenol drug in it....

Higher doses of MSM thru the day help reduce pain....I don't want to be too dependant on those opiates....