FDA Warns Companies About Unproven Claims re Cherry Juice for FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Oct 31, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

CHERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE CURES GOUT, ARTHRITIS, FIBROMYALGIA, LUPUS, AND OTHER AILMENTS

FDA WARNS COMPANIES ABOUT UNPROVEN CLAIMS

From Carol & Richard Eustice
    October 26, 2005

~~~~~

The Food and Drug Administration has issued warning letters to 29 companies that manufacture, market, or distribute products made from cherries or other fruits.

The companies were warned about making unproven claims on their web sites and product labels, and violating the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

The companies cited market dried fruit, fruit juice, and juice concentrate for treating or preventing gout, arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus, and other ailments.

According to research, eating bing cherries may help people who suffer from the pain of gout or other forms of arthritic inflammation.

The FDA is cracking down on marketing tactics fueled by unproven claims.

END.
  2. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

They are going to "warn" us about cherry juice, but they don't "warn" us about Splenda. Thanks a lot. Cherry juice won't kill you or cause you any damage. It's just juice from cherries.

Another instance of the FDA trying to encourage people to buy drugs instead of using something easy to get and natural. Think I'll go get me some cherry juice and give it a try. Sounds like they are on to something good, or there would be no fuss...(until some drug company taints the cherry juice, like they did the tryptophan.) Besides, it's a nice way to get my sugar fix since I'm surely not getting any any other way right now.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

juice has helped. But for me it did nothing. My poor husband, after I said I was not going to buy into any more "it sounds too good to be true"
    things, was sent out and ended up spending $15 at the local health food store for a concentrated bottle of the cherry juice. It certainly didn't taste good so I thought it might work. LOL! But no, I found not one tiny teenie bit of relief from it. The rest of the bottle I tried to sweeten to at least be able to drink it, but ended up tossing it.

I HOPE it helps some of you, this is just MY experience.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm going to get my cherry juice from eating chocolate covered cheeries during the holidays, like fight4acure!!

I think that sounds good!!!

Janet
  6. onemorml

onemorml New Member

I have not been disignosted with fibro yet, but hurt in 16 of the 18 triger points and have 90% of the symptems.
    a few weeks ago I started using tart cherry juice to releave general pain all over. For me it makes a big difference.

Rather then sweetening it I just add a around one or two table spoons to what ever I am drinking. It mixes great with almost anything. Sometimes I add a little water to thin out the taste. So far I have mixed it with apple cider, tea, fruit punch and ornge juice.
    Paul Harvey has been talking about it for years.