Fear Of Being Watched

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, May 23, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Does anyone that has applied for SSD and still waiting to hear something have a fear of "being watched" all of the time? Have I become phobia, like fear of being watched?

Maybe it's me but I live in the country and will open blinds in the morning but will close them and open them, dadadada. Depending on what I'm doing, which is maybe fix a sandwich or heat something in the microwave or being on the computer.

Gee, I hope I'm OK but I don't have to worry about doing any physical activites because I can't.

Just curious if anyone else felt like this.

BlueSky555
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Unless things have changed SS disability doesn't hire people to watch over applicants. Now private insurance is another matter. They are known to hire people to observe you.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you so much jarjar. So I can open my blinds and not worry about getting up and making a sandwich.

I didn't know if they did or not but thought they watched some who were on it and working "under the table" but I know of 2 people that are doing that and never been caught.

I suppose it was something I just got into my mind and was worried.

Again, THANK YOU!

BlueSky555
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

all the time. any new car any big van or dumped caravan
    anyone walking past my house,i'm really paranoid.

thats another good reason of wanting to ring up and say thanks but no thanks, see i was glad to give my motability car back as with every new scratch i became worried and so the very thing that was given to me to help me stressed me out and so made me unwell. its the same with my dla, i cant stand it any longer.

i know they have been to observe me as i had a letter which mentioned the "manner of which i walk". the main pain is in my joints they burn grind and grate (arthralgia)then the fm pain on top means i kinda waddle lol

i meant to do it today and like everything important it got washed away :(
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

represented insurance companies in disability cases (workers' compensation). Surveillance was conducted in suspect cases, for example the doctors said the symptoms reported were excessive compared to the medical findings.

Most surveillance films are boring and show nothing more than someone walking, driving, watering the lawn or putting gas in the car.

But sometimes they would show people supposedly bedridden who were working on a construction job, playing soccer in the park, riding a bycicle, carrying furniture, etc. These were the films that wound up as evidence in court.

As jarjar indicated above, I have not heard of surveillance films used in soc. sec. cases.
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They don't even have enough money to pay all of us.I know for a fact that they do not do this.

Private STD and LTD do watch and film and take pictures.Private Ins.Co. also hire neighbors to watch you and file reports against you.

I am in the middle of a civil suit against my private LTD Ins. Co. and I know they have been watching me.They asked my neighbor who is a sweet 87 yr old woman what she sees me doing when I'm out side.She told them that I am a very sweet neighbor and that she enjoys when I am outside to sit and chat and also that thats all I can do cause I am very ill.

don't worry
    take care
    Sue
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

what a lovely neighbour.
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

yes i know. where i live there are lots of jealous horrid ppl. they are looking at what i can and do do.

there is an ex friend of my mothers. the moment she found out i had been awarded dla she said 'if she is ill then so am i' she filed for dla saying she had a thyroid problem. that was thrown out twice.

she has taken to staying in bed until after lunch time saying shes ill.
  9. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I wouldn't be concerned if I felt that insurance company's tactics were honest--but we all know that they are scumbags and they would not hesitate to stoop to deceipt.

Some years ago a friend and coworker of mine hurt is back badly and was off work. He was a young married man with a new-born and another young child. Many mornings he'd go out to his car to find he had a flat tire. He'd call his dad who lived 1/2 hour away and he'd fix it. Finally his dad put two new tires on his car. It was a few days before Christmas and Butch took his wife and two little kids to the mall. They came out of the mall at closing time to find he had a flat tire. It was very cold out,he had no money to call a mechanic and his father was away. He couldn't let his family sit in the cold car all night and it was a 45 min drive to his home. He had no choice: he took the donut tire out and changed it. During his disability hearing they showed a video tape of Butch changing that tire and he lost his case.

Anyone who thinks all those flat tires was just a coincidence--I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. My point is, these insurance companies are scum and will not hesitate to pull any dirty trick they can think of. If they were honest we wouldn't have any concerns--just tape us the way we are--and there is the proof. It's their deceipt that concerns me.

Foggygirl
  10. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

that sucks! your poor friend.

thing i would like to know, why couldnt the wife change the tyre? its not as hard as you would think. (just the tyre is heavy lol)
  11. FM58

FM58 New Member

BlueSky,

Just before I was rejected the second time, I was driving carpool - I absolutely know I was followed by someone. A car sat idling (around the corner)while I waited in the driveway for 3-4 minutes for a child to come out of his house. This car followed me all the way to the kids HS!

I was panicing! I received my letter of rejection withing days, I swear that it was someone from SSD that was watching me- but I have no proof. Too bad, they didn't know I went home & took a nap just from that little car pool jaunt!

I have since been approved, but did worry for the longest time when I was outside of my home. You are safe inside your own home.

My husband's company had someone claim they were injured on the job & this man was attempting to collect long term disability. Well, a private investigator caught him using a chain saw on his own property - case closed, no disability.

Of course this is entirely different, LTD is entirely different than SSD. LTD companies can afford to hire private investigators to be sneaky & do things like that. I really doubt that Social Security has the manpower to be able to "spy" on us, even though I felt like I was - LOL!

Best of luck w/ your case.
  12. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Butchs' wife had a nearly newborn baby and she'd had it cesceraian. Her stomach was still too sore and she was afraid she'd rip the stitches. I know, changing a tire is not that big a deal, but I wouldn't have wanted to try it with a stomach full of stitches. Besides, Butch was 'old school'...you know, guys job sort of thing.

Back on topic though, I wish it were mandatory that every minute of tape they record also has to have the same amount of time taping us when we hurt so much we can hardly walk, or in the midst of a major brain-fog, or headaches, or the hours/days we spend on the couch, etc.

Foggygirl
  13. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

that would be why then lol :)