Fear

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kezza_nottm, May 10, 2003.

1. kezza_nottm

kezza_nottm New Member

Ever since I have had my CFS symptoms I have developed this awful fear that i am going to die and every little chest pain, ache and headache makes me fearful. Its not a panic attack but more just this intense fear especially at night, sometimes so bad i cannot sleep. Anyone suffered from this?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Anxiety loves to attack at night just when we are trying to get our brains to settle down for the night. I have found Klonopin works well for me. It has gotten rid of my anxiety, allowed me to sleep, and greatly decreased my sensory overload and tinnitus.

Love, Mikie
  3. kezza_nottm

kezza_nottm New Member

I did suspect that it was anxiety, I hate getting into bed at night because i always start to get a bit of a hot flush, like an attack is imminent and i just have to get straight out of bed or I will just freak out.
  4. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

That is the time of day that many of us are very anxious and restless. For my part I have wondered if it isn't an unconscious fear and dread of going to bed knowing that the morning will be a nightmare of stiffness and pain (general feeling of being run over by a whole fleet of trucks!). I never get to sleep early enough and then get up at 5:30, so
    I think that it helps now if I try to relax-deep breathing before I go to bed. I am not sure how old you are, but for me I use to really fear my mortality when I first was dx.
    I had never had the experience of having a health problem that couldn't "be fixed" before... If you have recently been diag. give yourself some adjusting time. Sometimes we just expect too much of ourselves I think. Much peace tonight to you.....love Rebel
  5. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

yes it is part of your panic disorder. I used to go to bed and the fear would get so bad that my whole body would go into shaking unstoppable spasms. You need Klonopin, I say again.
  6. kalina

kalina New Member

Klonopin has really helped me with this problem, too. For me, I had anxiety all day, but it was most disturbing when panic would wake me up every morning.

If your symptoms are worse at bedtime, you could also try some meditation techniques to help you focus on something else, because I know the anxiety is pretty hard to ignore! I went out and bought some guided meditation and healing music CDs, and if my hubby isn't already snoring like a buzzsaw, I listen to them with headphones on my portable CD player. They work really well to help me refocus and relax at bedtime. Hope you get relief soon.

Kalina

[ advertisement ]