Feather bed or memory foam topper?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suzan, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Does anyone have a preference? I need to soften my bed and I am not sure which to choose! I have heard that soma tube beds work wonders, but I am not ready to replace my bed. I found a great sale on both the feather topper and the memory foam one as well. But sure would love some input from a user of either one. After the painful night I had last night I am going to try something to ease my body aches.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have the Feather Bed and I love it. I also have a mattress heating pad on top of the featherbed, its sooo great for that morning stiffness and the pain too. Just a gentle heat, not hot.

I also have a Cuddle Ewe, a little pricy but also wonderful. In fact, there are three beds in this house two have featherbeds on them and the other has the Cuddle Ewe. All also have mattress heating pads too.

QVC has a great feather bed right now, its called; 'Northern Nights' Uncrushable feather bed, it cost $95.30 including shipping/taxes. The item #H63089. Just go have a look at it on their website.

Also if you want, the Cuddle Ewe is sold here at ProHealth, you can go to the 'Store' link and see that one too.

I am really big into having a soft bed, it makes so much difference in the pain at night.

I am allergic to foam so can't help with that one!

Be sure to look into the heating mattress pads too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. trasestry

trasestry New Member

I have memory foam on my bed. I am allegic to feathers. I love it, its so much more comfortable. It doesnt help all the pain go away, but I think it was worth it. My husband bought it for me from home shopping network for $100+, then a local store was carrying the same thing for about 60.
    Good luck!
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I have a firm bed, with an eggshell foam piece and a feather topper. I have slept so much better since we added the eggshell foam and feather topper.

Hope you find something that works as well for you! ..Sherry