February's To do LIst

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Today~ Monday

Get a key made
    Go pay the rent
    Pick up Meds
    Go to Post Office
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,
    Beadlady, what a great idea to try for a monthly to do list....still hoping we hear from the old friends who used to post daily and some new ones to join in!

I recently added some B-12 to my daily meds and I've been feeling a lot more energetic. So yesterday Katy and I organized my kitchen/breakfast nook. Since we got the pup in Dec, we have little clutter things everywhere and it was driving me nuts. A cluttered area is not good for my poor old brain!

Then we went downstairs into storage and began cleaning that out too. I want our space under the stairs to be clean in case of tornadoes this spring but we had X-mas stuff put in there. Wasn't working for me since it didn't all fit. So we've cleaned that closet out, put it in the storage area, added some shelving and at least got this monster project started.

Moving from overseas is such a monster project and it takes well over a year to have everything exactly where you want it and we're still trying.

This month I want to buy a spreader for the yard and the stuff that helps make clay soil drain better.

I've gotten a good start rearranging my sewing room but still have stuff to buy to help things along. I've done some peeking at internet sites and they have great organizing ideas. Pegboard is next on my list.

Hugs all,

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Frieda and all,

Never fear about taking the list 'off topic' as we all do it and this is a place where we chat too!

And thanks to whoever reminded me we need to get a few keys made too. We got a new front door in Dec and I still haven't figured out how all the locks work, and my daughter has trouble getting in after walking the puppy, ooops...

I was supposed to have another test done on my blood sugar today but it was cancelled so hubby's off work and maybe we can get something done today. Still have that peg board in my head to start more organization on my sewing room. I recently bought a huge fold out table for one of my sewing machines but things vibrate off as I sew so the peg board would help me clear off the surface...wonder if he's in the mood for Home Depot??

Hugs all,

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for the great idea, I hadn't thought of that but wow, it could be pretty!

Hmm.....now you've got me thinking, uh oh!!

5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Well I got some of my stuff done from last week.

Get a haircut
    pay some bills
    Play phone tag with the VA
    Work @ 3:30pm

Deliver Valentines
    Work 9am to 1pm
    Rest1:30 to 3pm
    3:30 to 7:30

Make dinner
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Beadlady, may I ask where you work? At least your hours are short and you are smart to schedule some rest time. I have to do that too no matter what I'm trying to get done in a day. Preventative medicine....

Frieda, you crack me up. It's always fun to check back in and see what funny little note you've left us.

Last week we had another toilet episode...ugh. After we bought this house we realized that the toilets were grade school size and we're not. Used to cause never ending pain for me now that my arthritis is back.

So....we got 2 new toilets installed and I asked for the highest seats possible.

Wow what a difference....I no longer have to scream in agony just trying to sit down like an 80 yr old! The difference is so huge I might start a thread on it....

I got busy in my sewing room and made a huge donation to some lovely church ladies who make quilts for kids with cancer. They even came by to pick up the fabrics for me and the lady was thrilled with all of the bright happy colors I had. They can use the scraps from my jammy pants.

They also have another group who crochets and knits hats, scarves and gloves for people so I cleaned out over 180 skeins of yarn to donate as well. The lady was so thrilled she hugged me!!

I was just glad I could help and now the stuff will go to someone who needs it.

Eventually I'll get back upstairs to do some more organizing on my sewing room.

Hugs all,

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

So sorry it was that kind of day, I think we all have them...

I had an incredible day yesterday because I was able to drive to the grocery store and go all by myself!!!! Huge big deal for me, but I timed it so hubby would be home from work and he could carry everything in for me.

I didn't do the whole store, just basically a meat and frozen food trip but hey...I did get to go!

I think that's either the first or second time I've gone by myself since we moved here last June. I tend to celebrate whatever is good that comes my way.

And yes....my how life has changed!!

8. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I still haven't gotten the key made--its on my list for this weekend

I have this big dry erase board on the wall right next to my computer and I have been making a list for 2-3 days. Some days things go as planned some not. {My husband found this board in the dumpster of the business next door to where he works. It is a little bent up but works for me. He found it a few days before Christmas and asked if it could be one of my Christmas presents--I said yes as long as I got a package of different colored markers~~which I did}

How many people can say that their husband "dumpster dived" for a Christmas present?? :)

I've been working on my beads again--now I'm making window hangings. I made one for a really sweet lady who I deliver meals to. She told me her favorite color was pink so I used up some little odd & ends of pink beads. She loved it~~I thought she was going to cry.

Tomorrow-Friday the 24th I have an appt at the eye doctor to have another follow up appt for my glaucoma and they are also going to dilate my eyes and take some pictures of them. Thankfully I arranged for a ride to & from so I don't have to drive home.---I did that once--never again...

Someone on this thread asked about my jobs:

Mon-Thurs I work 3:30pm to 7:30pm in a call center doing follow up graduate surveys for high schools. We also work on Sunday but we can choose to go in anytime between 10am to 2pm--the call center closes at 6:30pm on Sundays. So that is nice we have some flex time there.

On Tues & Thurs I also work 9am to 1pm for a Senior Nutrition Program. I'm generally always home by 1:30 and I have time to rest until 3pm before going to the call center---Makes for a long day, but I manage.

My manager at the call center knows about my health issues, but at the other place I haven't officially told anyone--they know I have back & hip issues from time to time but that is all.

Sometimes I just make a list of the things I do get done however small of a task it is.

I need to get to bed soon; take care everyone.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2012]