Fed up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by runningstream6, Jul 28, 2003.

1. runningstream6

runningstream6 New Member

Hello,

I am so totally fed up with this illness and its numerous symptoms. I am so totally fed up of well meaning people telling me i just need to use my will power, i'm so tired of people that make judgements about me without really understanding the illness and are not open to even learning. I am so totally fed up i don't know how much longer i can keep on trucking along trying hard to stay positive and enjoy what i can. I have had this illness over 10 years now.
    I just needed to vent as i usually never give voice to the challenges i face worried that people will think i some kind of negative person.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Blessings to you all.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you got that out of your system. It always makes us feel better when we just let it all come out.

Stay with us, we are a supportive group here, and do try to help anyone we can, be it support or in other ways.

YOu take care, we all go through these types of people, doctors, and even family and friends.....

I have had FM for over 20 years, can you imagine how many of fruitcakes I had to deal with? I learned to ignore them or simply eliminated the real toxic ones out of my life.

Take care, and post anytime you want, someone is always here.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2003]
  3. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Welcome, 5 out of 10 for that vent!! you can vent more than that if you want!!
    mitch
  4. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

I'm so down on all the quacky doctors and the parents who don't care and the siblings who think I should be over it!
    My brother actually asked me if I was going to get a job now since I lost my lawsuit aginst my former employer for violating the ADA.
    DERRRRRRRr! No I'm not. I'm on SSD remember? I have a reason I don't worK? OH man. I give up.
  5. averilpam

averilpam New Member

it's really important to get stuff out like that, a good old vent helps us to keep up the positive thinking you talked of.

Wallowing in self pity is definitely counter-productive, but this is a good place to get the frustrations out, saves us burdening our nearest and dearest all the time. Well that's how I see it anyway. My family and friends are so supportive, I want to enjoy my time with them, not spend it all talking about my ills and frustrations.

If your friends aren't so supportive, all the more reason to come here!
    love Pam xx
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It helps release the pent up anger and frustration. If letting off some steam doesn't help, though, get a good therapist who will help you work through this. It's part of the grieving process for what we have lost and we all go through it. Therapy can be extremely helpful.'

Also, welcome to our board. It's a good place.

Love, Mikie
  7. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hello Runningstream, Yes,venting is needed,as well as productive.U not negative,10years so far!I pray I will be strong enough to endure that! The system,our symptoms and reality do not seem to match up well. I think we all need to get away at times! We undestand,and care-vent away.Hope you have a Better DAY!!! Peace{{{HUG}}},lisa :)
  8. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Oh, I so agree with you. As someone who was always "on top of things" before (worked since 16, single mom of 2 kids, etc.) I have ALWAYS been able to "keep on trucking". It is so demeaning when people tell you to just suck it up and get through it when they have no idea what you're going through. It makes you feel so worthless and it's very stressful because you know you HAVE been doing it. This is a great place to vent because WE know how strong we are and what we have to do on a daily basis. Hope to "hear" from you lots on this board!
  9. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

I think 99% on this board is fed up. But we have each other to lean on. WE all understand everything you have said. Most of us try to keep on going as long as we can. SSD is based on how much you have made durning your years you worked. Just like the 'outsiders' say you do have to hang tough..it is very difficult to do.
    Soft hugs..
    Patti
  10. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Isn't it great to get feed back from people just like us? I love this board and being able to say what I want or ask a question and get lots of support and advise from people who know what we're going through! I get fed up from thinking I'm going to find something that will help then getting discouraged - but we have better days than others. All the best to you - remember, just keep in touch with everyone on this board. There are so great unknown friends out there... Sue