Feed up with problems of Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjbean, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mjbean

mjbean New Member

Ok I am going to apologize right now for all the complaints that I will expressing in this post.
    I must be feeling sorry for myself this week because I am having a very bad time with anxiety and not wanting to go out of the house.
    My doc changed my meds I thought they were helping but maybe not, I sometimes think that she is just treating me for depression and not fibro. Who has the pain here? She sure doe's not.
    I am on 2 antidepressants 50 mg pristiq and 300 mg of wellbutrin and anxiety meds I think something should be helping . The pain has be tolerable but what does one do about anxiety?
    I would love to wake up tomorrow and be a normal person who could work a job, have friends that you could go out to lunch with and laugh about things. Instead I feel like I am trapped in my home and feeling useless about handling normal everyday problems and just life in general.
    I use to love to be with people and now they just annoy me to no end. My daughter says that I need to just worry about me and not pay attention to anyone else around . I said easier said than done when everyone and everything sets you off, maybe this stuff happens because we get tierd of putting up with the pain we have...
    I feel better now that I have complained a lot...
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Fed up with aches and pains, but we go on don't we?? You are blessed to have a daughter that cares and understands. That helps more than you know, because there are a lot of people out there without the support. Look at what BD posted, the family not understanding about the weight gain. I've gained some weight. Goodness, when you can't excerise, I think the weight will come on. By excersise, I mean, any kind..house work, yard work...if you can't you can't!
    I'm thankful for what I can do.
    Take care mj.....Cynthia
  3. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Never apologize! I just found this site a few days ago, and everyone is wonderful.We are all here for the same thing more or less. Ya know i have bad anxiety attacks so i use prozac and valium. they work well for me, ask your doc to switch maybe? you may not need both, whats good for me , may not be for you, but it seems a little bit that there are other factors that make you feel like you are feeling.But i realize that sometimes you can not hold every feeling in, so if you felt better doing what ya just did, then good, do it because everyone reads and understands. i dont know how long you been here, but keep on expressing your feelings, i always say that holding things in that bother us, creats more pain for our bodies and thats not good! have a better evening. or day, depending on where you live...~~~~~~~~
  4. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

right on girl! those are like the words i could have posted!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2009]

LEFTYGG Member

i use to be annoying pleasant no matter what now everything annoys me. just wanted to say i hear you . love gail
  6. love_me_4_me

love_me_4_me New Member

I found this site about a week ago, and your right everyone has been so nice and treated me great. I'm sure many of you know family members just dont seem to get it sometimes.Opening up to people is something that doesnt come easy for me. But when those around you dont understand. What choice do you have.I found myself actually feeling good when i was able to complain a little in chat tonight.Which is so far out of my normal comfort zone i was amazed that i could do it even if just a tiny bit.It is sooo nice to know someone understands just a kind word goes so far.
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wellbutrin is an SSNRI. I can only take SSRI's. Some people will get a reaction with SSNRIs that makes you anxious, irritable.

When I was on Wellbutrin, I experienced "manic like" behaviors. Once I was put back on Zoloft an SSRI, I was fine. No more arguing when not in my best interesting, having everything, anything get on my nerves amd poor impulse control.

You may want to look up Pristic. I am not sure if is an SSRI or an SSNRI.

Also when I was prescribed Lamectal with the Zoloft it reduced my axiety even more and also reduced my pain. Zoloft was literally a life saver for me.

Like you, when not on Wellbutrin I was an easygoing person. I am pretty much back to myself but do experience some situational depression which is common with our DDs. But nothing like what I experienced being on Wellbutrin

Hope this helps.

"SRIs increase the amount of serotonin in the brain. In the central nervous system, serotonin plays an important role as a neurotransmitter in the modulation of anger, aggression, body temperature, mood, sleep,

SNRIs or sometimes called SSNRIs increase serotonin but also norepinephrine/adrenaline to give the body sudden enerby in times of stress.

Medications that inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin may be effective to treat depression. In addition, some studies have found ELEVATED NOREPINPHRINE IN PATIENCES EXPERIENCING MANIA." Caps mine.

Mania is usually thought of as being in an extremely good mood but it can also present as anger, agitation and impulsive behavior.

MJ, I can not find the original source of the above, brain fog. When I find it again, I will add it here. gap
  8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

like you, I also could not take Wellbutrin, the being anxious and more..
    I also couldn't handle the Zoloft. Finally found Celexa. I've been on it for several years now. Works just right for me. Sometimes it takes a few trys to find the right one. Glad I finally did. I hope MJ, that you have some better times coming up for you.
  9. loto

loto Member

I used to be so easygoing and not let anything get to me. Now these certain people annoy the heck out of me! They are people I have to work with every day, and I'm so sick and tired of them I could just scream!!!! I asked my Secretary supervisor if she would consider moving me to a different room here, preferably my OWN room, because I've been having trouble concentrating. My boss knows I cannot STAND this one woman, as she can't either, but my boss doesn't have to be in the same room with her all frickin day long!!!! So, she is considering it, thank goodness. Our building is expanding this summer, and there may be more office space. I mean, come on, having 3 secretaries in the same little cramped, busy, loud office is ridiculous to begin with! Then, when you put an anal retentive woman, an "odd duck" woman, and me, who I guess is normal except of course for my FM and all it's related promblems, IT"S JUST NOT GOING TO WORK!!!!!!!!! And then, because I feel the way I do about the other 2 in here, I feel like I've turned into a total "B"! So, believe me, I know what you're saying when you say you're fighting to be civil!!!
  10. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

hi...can you please tell me what the difference is in the zoloft and the celexa drugs are...I have never heard of them. are they also for dep. and anxiety? i have been using valium and prozac . thank you much.....miss paco
  11. hensue

hensue New Member

my son was put on both he had anxiety bad already he got on those and it was out of sight. I am one of the few lucky ones Wellbutrin sr not xl
    works for me twice a day. Most people cannot take it, i promise i witnessed my son suicidal on pristiq. It is so new you have to be careful
    I would come off the pristiq. Right away my son did and like ga phys said they finally have him on zoloft and he is a different person so far.
    It took the hellish anxiety and worrying out of him.
    my doc gives me valuim and klonopin for sleep but the valuim just chips off of it if I get to wired helps.
    I will say I think I would have committed suicide do to the pain but Wellbutrin helped right away but a very hard drug to get on.
    It can send you into mania so you have to be careful.
    I think personally you are not on the right drugs. I am not a doctor I am just talking about my expierence and my son who totally has social phobia not fibro.
    Take care and let us know
  12. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Sorry I didn't respond, as we went out of town. Not that I can really answer this professionally, I just know that Celexa is an anti depressant. I know a lot of people that take Zoloft for anxiety. Prozac, I tried for the depression. All I know is, that when I finally went in to complain about yet another anti depressant not working, they were all excited about the Celexa. It only took a couple of weeks for me, and it is the one that I've been taking for years. Hope this helps somewhat??
  13. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sure can relate to every word you said as I could have posted this. I hate the aches . fatigue etc. but the anxiety/depression is the pits. Somedays I think I just can't make it when the depression/anxiety kicks in. I have nothing that helps.

I love what you said about waking up and be a normal person.. The sad part is when I was so called normal I would complain about going to work, oh to be able to work and have a life.

I have no advice but know how you feel.

God Bless,
  14. Me too, soo tired of living most of my life with fibro, especially when I feell it is something that they could easily find if they listened to us here that live with it every day.

I went to kohls with hubby, I had to sit in the car and watched all the people walking on a nice day in the store. Most older than I, they were normal and here no way could I have walked in and shopped as it was another of most of my bad pain days. I wanted to cry but what can we do but go on fighting this dd. So we do understand we are fed up too.

I am starting to realize the less meds I take the better. I am again weaning off lyrica, or giving it a good try. Like so many say they are toxic to our bodies and what are they doing long term to us?

hang in there, gentle hugs to u.

15. kaymac

kaymac New Member

I can so relate so your post. I have times when I blow my stack of all the FM related issues.

Loto...I know how you feel about the coworkers. I am more sensitive to noise and require more time to really focus or concentrate on what I'm doing. Others don't get it. I also am up and down and when others make snipe remarks about my groans, it makes me so angry. But I don't really expect them to understand, but they could be more compassionate to my FM.

Fibrobutterfly.....let me know about getting off the LYRICA. I want to get off mine as it doesn't seem to be helping anymore. Rheumy says if my CPAP machine is used regularly and I get proper sleep, the Lyrica will work better, but I'm not positive about that. I'm tired of meds too. I take way too many.

But your comment Fibrobutterfly about sitting in car and watching others....hit home. I do that now quite often. I've been with other people where I had to decline going in and just sit and watch them go in and out and shop. It's sad.

I too wish I was the me before FM. My life has changed 100%, but so has my husbands and it's not his illness, it's mine, but his marriage has changed. He hangs in there and tolerates and I love him more for that than ever.